• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Italia......

melski

This evenings smoke was my first CAO Italia Ciao, the robusto size. Have to admit the burn was razor sharp, no touch ups required. Construction seems to be flawless. I finally knocked the ash off about halfway through cause I didn't want it falling in my lap.

I would compare this cigar to an RyJ Celestiales Fino. Now I don't mean that it tastes like a CF; the CF is the oddest tasting cigar I have ever smoked and no two have ever tasted the same to me. The Italia is similar in that sense. It had an odd taste that I cannot compare to anything else I've smoked.

It's not a bad cigar though I don't know that I'd say it's a good cigar (based on 1 sample). If you like to keep something in the humidor for a change of pace (and don't particularly like claro) you might want to try one of these. I don't see myself buying a box of these but I would like to have a few singles in the humidor.

I had my first A couple of days ago really tasty. But still in the air on trying a box.
It wiil definately be in the humi though.
Have you tried the Brazilia thats also very good?

Smoked one on the golf course, as with just about every CAO that I've smoked, the construction was excellent. I thought it was very good, something I'll try more of.

Gregor

I have a couple more Italias left over, sleeping in the cooler. I had a couple earlier in November. Good smokes. I like them better than the Brasilias.

Being the Havana snob I am :0 , I don't smoke too many domestics BUT one of these was gifted to me recently and I fired it up a couple of days ago and I was impressed. I like these more than the Brazillas :thumbs:

Thanks for the review Mel ;)

I've been smokin about 2 - 3 a week on these....thay are good.

The Anaconda is my favorite.

For some more thoughts on the Italia, check out gr8full2day's thread here in the "watcha been smoking lately?" line. I just love this cigar. Great construction, no burn issues, and I particularly enjoy how it starts out kind of peppery and then fades out and lets you get a taste of other flavors.