• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Novella - my first small review

hangten

Well, here's my first cigar review and the cigar is the CAO Novella. I picked this cigar up from one of my local B&Ms about a month ago and it has been sitting in my cooler since. The first thing I notice after I pull the cigar from the cello is that the cello is very brown tinged. I have read that this is a sign that the cigar has been aging for a while! Awesome!

The cigar itself is very dark and oily so I begin to light the cigar as I have seen in a video link given to me by denverdog. The cigar's end turns bright orange and I take a puff. I get a very rich creamy taste! I check the end and the middle has not lit, no problem I take my lighter and touch it up very quickly.

Now my palate has not been developed yet so the taste remained the same to me through the entire cigar and it was a very herbal taste. It totally reminded me of green tea. The cigar needed some touch ups half way though the smoke but it burned very well in 30 degree weather. I didn't nub it though as I kinda rushed the last third and it got very bitter so I called it a night.

The last thing I noticed was that I didn't really like the aroma of the smoke. I smoked a Davidoff Millenium petite corona a week ago and I really liked the aroma of that cigar's smoke. The Novella kinda "stank" compared to the Davidoff! I really didn't care for this cigar and I don't think I will pick one up again. I do have one more in my cooler and will try it after some time.

Well, there it is, my first review and I'm stickin to it. Whadda ya think, guys? Let me know if you think I was on or if I'm totally wrong. Either way thanks for listening to the newb!

Duane

Oh boy,
Major newb mistake. Moderators, please move this to the cigar reviews forum.

Thanks and sorry about that!
Duane

Thats it, flame time! J/K

You did fine. Rod will move the thread if he feels like it. Otherwise, you did fine.

It is easy to do I did it just awhile back. Good review.

I thought it was a good review! Keep up the good work and thanks! :thumbs: