• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Vision Catalyst (robusto)

i havent had the robusto's but i have had the torpedo and the toro and both were good smokes. They were not great, especially when you throw in the price tag they demand but were a very good smoke, smooth, lots of smoke. The flavor was a lil on the one dimension side but not really detrimental to the smoke.
hope this helps

I really detest CAO.

Interesting. As they say, tastes differ from person to person. CAO is one of my favorites lines when it comes to everyday smokes, just behind Fuente and Padron. Then again, I'm still a noob.

I agree with the others here. The vision isn't worth the money. It's just pricey due to the packaging. The Brazilia and Italia are probably my two favorites by CAO. I think CAO's single best stick is the Brazilia box press. That said, I haven't tried the bratalia, which I also hear is great, but those are near impossible to find these days. Also, I've found the Soprano, criollo, and blacks (both regular and VR) are pretty tasty.

One of the better CAOs imo, but like the rest of them not really worth the price.

When the vision line first came out, I wasn't really a fanbof any of them. I actually just started smoking thema gain because when I cracked open a box last year, they actually got pretty good with age. Now I think they are great and since they can be had for about 200 a box, I pick them up fairly often.

I really detest CAO.

I'm not saying you have to be a fan of all their lines nor the company as a whole. But how can one detest the company that puts out quality smokes?

I don't think they're a cigar company. They're a marketing company that sells cigars. How many different companies have they had roll their cigars this decade, four? As for quality cigars, I disagree but understand there are different smokes for different folks.

I remember the old Don Douglas made CAO anni maduros. Fantastic cigars. I remember getting a box in '99 and thought I'd found nirvana. It's been a steady downhill slide since then.

I don't think I'm alone in my opinion, at least around the regulars at my local shop.

Thanks for the opinions on the smoke guys. I lost the bid for the cigar and as far as what everyone is saying I guess I am not heart broken. Although I did win my bid for the 5 Vegas Gold Robusto and 5 Vegas Gold Robusto box press. They should be here today!

Thanks again for all the responses.

I really detest CAO.

I'm not saying you have to be a fan of all their lines nor the company as a whole. But how can one detest the company that puts out quality smokes?

I don't think they're a cigar company. They're a marketing company that sells cigars. How many different companies have they had roll their cigars this decade, four? As for quality cigars, I disagree but understand there are different smokes for different folks.

I remember the old Don Douglas made CAO anni maduros. Fantastic cigars. I remember getting a box in '99 and thought I'd found nirvana. It's been a steady downhill slide since then.

I don't think I'm alone in my opinion, at least around the regulars at my local shop.

And if I'm not mistaken Torano was making cigars for them till recently. Either way whats the difference - the end product is good. Now they may not be to your liking and thats fine. But generally speaking, CAO is considered a solid premium smoke. So what if the company is a marketer or a surgeon so long as the product is good and no one is hurt in the end?

PS - didn't they finally go in house with the cigar production?

...so long as the product is good...

That's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I think they're crap.

But, my opinion doesn't really matter. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke! :thumbs:

Your opinion matters to me Mike, since I agree with it completely. I haven't had a CAO cigar that I found remotely enjoyable yet.

Your opinion matters to me Mike, since I agree with it completely. I haven't had a CAO cigar that I found remotely enjoyable yet.

If you're trying to suck up to me, it worked. 5 pack whammy on the way!! I'll send it to the address in your profile.

Be on the lookout!

If you're trying to suck up to me, it worked. 5 pack whammy on the way!! I'll send it to the address in your profile.

Be on the lookout!

Jayro, I demand 1/5 of the bomb due to helping instigate the situation :laugh:

Nice move, Mike.