• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car smells like smoke

classyndry

on injured reserve
Several of my sister's friends smoke cigarettes. She lets her friends smoke in her car. I needed to swap cars with her for a few weeks, but I can't stand the smell, especially when its hot outside. Does anybody know a good way to get rid of the smoke smell? Febreeze on leather didn't work out so well...

Occasionally, we smoke in my camery with leather seats... Generally, I leave the windows down for the next 2 days, and spray febreeze in the car. Air fresheners work to help speed this up... Make sure the ashtray is empty, and maybe vacuuming down the car might help. If it is a long-time smoke-filled car, I'm not sure if there can be much done in a short period of time to kill the smell. Any experience I've had has been the occasional smoke in the car. Good luck :thumbs:

Baking Soda.
Seriously.
Just leave the new, opened box (maybe two if it really stinks), in the car (in the heat actually helps, as it lifts the odor from the upholstery) for a day or two if possible.
This not only cleans out the smell of smoke in the air, but also removes the odor from the upholstery as well.

Otherwise, I'd go with the carpet powder stuff too. Sprinkle on, vacuum up in about an hour, and you should be good.

Hope that helps

I work at a car wash in the summer (for free cash washes) and a little extra money. They have a smoke bomb that they can set off that really seems to work. It costs about $10 or so.

second on the carpet-fresh type powder and vacuum. Also oust or febreeze on the headliner and all cloth surfaces, then leave an open box of baking soda under each front seat. wipe down all the plastic surfaces with a protectant, (I think Armor All is available now with a pleasant lemon scent). Then put those little air fresheners in the A/C vents. Sounds like a lot of work, but I can't stand driving an ashtray myself, either

Several of my sister's friends smoke cigarettes. She lets her friends smoke in her car. I needed to swap cars with her for a few weeks, but I can't stand the smell, especially when its hot outside. Does anybody know a good way to get rid of the smoke smell? Febreeze on leather didn't work out so well...

TRANSLATION:

Wife is out of town and coming home soon. While she was gone my buddies and I got drunk and smoked in her car. She is going to bust my @ss when she smells her car. I am scared and too embarassed to admit my shame... what can I do?

:laugh:

Just busting your chops ...

Many of the suggestions above will work. Please let us know what works for you as I will often borrow my "sister's car" too. ;)

TRANSLATION:

Wife is out of town and coming home soon. While she was gone my buddies and I got drunk and smoked in her car. She is going to bust my @ss when she smells her car. I am scared and too embarassed to admit my shame... what can I do?

:laugh:

Just busting your chops ...

Many of the suggestions above will work. Please let us know what works for you as I will often borrow my "sister's car" too. ;)

He was looking for answers Jerk Wad! :D
But you hit the nail on the head with your assesment!

I wouldn't smoke in any car I have to drive daily. I mixed water and baking soda and gave the inside a rub down. I've also left a box of baking soda, and an open container of vinegar in the floor. Tomorrow, I'm going to wash and vacuume the car, and febreeze the fabric again. If that doesn't work, I may look for one of the smoke bomb things. I'll let y'all know if I'm able to kill the smell.

Fabreeze as suggested earlier is the bomb. :cool:

OK, let's see a show of hands for those of us who don't know how to spell the model name of the car we own! :laugh:

Camry

*puts hand down*

It's so old, I couldn't find the name on the car if i tried, damnit. :laugh:

I wrote this some time ago. Many have told me that it was very helpful.

http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAct...Custom&ID=9

The gist:

1.) Clean the hard surfaces of your car regularly (weekly or bi-weekly depending on how much you smoke)
2.) Clean your upholstery regularly (once or twice a year)
3.) Use a product like Pure Ayre (a TRUE odor eliminator) (weekly)
4.) Use something like a Csonka air cleaner when your car is parked in the garage (I keep one plugged in the garage and let it run when parked, not always, just when I remember)

I've done all this every week or two and I smoke 1/day in my truck. Wife says she can't tell at all.

I hope this helps

~Mark

No scrubbing needed. Old car salesman's trick - a couple of sheets of bounce under the seat and the smell will be gone. I'm not kidding. Try it and you will be amazed.