• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Caribbean vacation suggestions

jjdeadhead

Looking for some favorites Islands and recommended places to stay there. Been to some like Jamaica, Bahamas, St Thomas/St Johns, Aruba and I’m probably missing others but we are looking for a new place. Prefer not to be confided because of hostile environment. Since it’s just the bride & I, we lean towards adults only but not limited to others.

Thanks

JJ-

You should look into Playa del Carmen. The wife and I stayed at The Royal in PdC and loved it. All inclusive adult resort. Might be an alternative to the Caribbean.

And after being married all these years, you're still calling her the "bride"?

LOL yep Marco she's still my bride. We were in Mexico (Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun) maybe 2 years ago. Not sure I want to go back there at this time.

St, Martin is nice and it is not influenced by the USA so the beaches are that much nicer :D

Been to Jamaica and USVI so my wife and I went to Curacao for our honeymoon 2 years ago. I see you've been to Aruba so you're probably familiar. Originally a Dutch colony, Curacao is still joined at the hip to the Dutch. It isn't super chi chi like St. Martin or terribly poor like much of Jamaica - just comfortable and easy. You can go all-inclusive or just get a room in a little hotel and do what you like. We did both - included breakfasts but we rented a car and cruised around the Island for food and fun. Plus, an authorized Habanos shop in Willemstad doesn't hurt ;)

- Tim

Another option I'll throw out there is a cruise. It's not necessarily adults only, but I've found with good timing you can minimize the kids on the ship. Our last cruise we went during the school year but no where near any school breaks so there were very few kids on the ship.

Thanks guys for the ideas, cruises are not in the plans since I know I'll be feeding the fish the whole time.

Cigarstone, we have St Martin on our radar, much appreciated!

sinnyc, I'll have to checkout Curacao thanks!

Turks & Caicos Islands are very nice.

I will second Curacao!!! Especially if you like to go scuba diving.... It's just perfect. There are a lot of great places to go on the island for picture perfect beaches and great shopping in the Willemstad area. As mentioned before there is a great cigar shop in this area! If you decide on Curacao just shoot me a message with any questions. I spent 4 months there a few years ago.

I will second Curacao!!! Especially if you like to go scuba diving.... It's just perfect. There are a lot of great places to go on the island for picture perfect beaches and great shopping in the Willemstad area. As mentioned before there is a great cigar shop in this area! If you decide on Curacao just shoot me a message with any questions. I spent 4 months there a few years ago.

I'm leaning towards going here for our trip now. It's a bit of a hassle to get to from MN, but I've been told on a scuba forum that it's worth it.

Chris, you've got a pm coming...

Have you considered St. Lucia. Talk about beautiful. If you need any help finding deals let me know. My wife and I operate a travel biz.

My wife and I are big fans of St Barts. You wont have any kids around for sure. There are several reasonable private villas to stay at.

-gp

Looking for some favorites Islands and recommended places to stay there. Been to some like Jamaica, Bahamas, St Thomas/St Johns, Aruba and I’m probably missing others but we are looking for a new place. Prefer not to be confided because of hostile environment. Since it’s just the bride & I, we lean towards adults only but not limited to others.

Thanks

Depends on what you are looking for. Nightlife? Seclusion? Outdoor activities?

If all you want to do is go to a resort, eat resort food, and tan yourself on the beach... don't bother, just go to Florida. A resort is a resort is a resort the world over, it's the same thing, just with varying levels of comfort in different locations on the globe.

If you're interested in something a bit more in terms of the local culture, the outdoors, etc., then there are some great options. Without knowing what interests you, thought, there's nothing I can suggest.

Thanks

If all you want to do is go to a resort, eat resort food, and tan yourself on the beach... don't bother, just go to Florida. A resort is a resort is a resort the world over, it's the same thing, just with varying levels of comfort in different locations on the globe.

If you're interested in something a bit more in terms of the local culture, the outdoors, etc., then there are some great options. Without knowing what interests you, thought, there's nothing I can suggest.

Excellent advice!

Thanks

Excellent advice!

I hate highjacking threads but im going to anyways lol...

I am getting married after my deployment (Oct 12th) and I want to take my wife somewhere with a romantic setting. Typical beach stuff, but also some culture and fun. I really want to go scuba diving even though I have never done it. I want to make sure though that we can get some pampering and relax, but if we choose go do some fun stuff like the scuba or dancing. Any ideas and or links would be great!!!

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for the great leads, what we are looking for is of course a great place to unwind, sit on a beach, catch rays while drinking and I’ll do some snorkeling. We would like to self tour the island if possible. Oh and of course go out to nice dinners.