• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano Signature Poolside

txraddoc

Length/Ring: 6 x 50
Shape: Toro
Wrapper: Maduro

After a short dip in the pool where the water is still a bit cool, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to take in the Houston evening air with a light breeze. I was also fortunate to have beside me a well aged Carlos Torano Signature Toro and a nice glass of Glenlivet 12, a fine recommendation from the Scotch drinkers on this board.

This particular cigar has been in the humidor since October 28, 2007 and it has mellowed significantly since that time. So much that the Glenlivet overpowers the flavors of the cigar until the second third. Unfortunately too, the pair leaves kind of a soapy taste that is not too appealing but tolerable. The Glenlivet paired much better with the Bolivar Corona Extra I smoked the other day.

The cigar is dark brown with impeccable construction as expected from a Torano. The foot lights evenly and burns nicely throughout despite the breeze. The taste is a mixture of well aged dark tobaccos and earth. Looking forward to many more nights like this one!

Enjoy the pics!

toranopoolside-1.jpg

toranopoolside-3.jpg