• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carolina Blue Pass

Here is my first in pass contest. It's open to all members, one post, no editing, so get it right the first time.
PRIZE
A FIVER OF BOLI GOLD MEDALS
1/2 POUND OF DOI CHAANG SINGLE ESTATE DARK ROAST COFFEE

Each of us has the "smartest person I've ever met" somewhere in our lives, mine is my grandfather...Dr. Richard T. Jones. He graduated from Yale, got his Doctorate from M.I.T., served in the Navy, and retired from Mitre.This contest has to do with something that he's accomplished in his life. My Grandfather worked on something revolutionary for the Navy and you have to figure out what it was and answer a few questions about the ship it concerns. You have until next Sunday at 6pm EST or when someone gets the answers correct.

1) What was the name and number of this ship ? USS Nautilus
2) What date was this ship launched ? January 21, 1954
3) What date was this ship decommissioned? March 3, 1980
4) Who broke the champagne bottle across her bow? First Lady Mamie Eisenhower

Now the hard one......
5) What was it that my Grandfather did for this particular ship? Designed the nuclear propulsion system?

One hint....
This ship is a National Historic Landmark.

Here is my first in pass contest. It's open to all members, one post, no editing, so get it right the first time.
PRIZE
A FIVER OF BOLI GOLD MEDALS
1/2 POUND OF DOI CHAANG SINGLE ESTATE DARK ROAST COFFEE

Each of us has the "smartest person I've ever met" somewhere in our lives, mine is my grandfather...Dr. Richard T. Jones. He graduated from Yale, got his Doctorate from M.I.T., served in the Navy, and retired from Mitre.This contest has to do with something that he's accomplished in his life. My Grandfather worked on something revolutionary for the Navy and you have to figure out what it was and answer a few questions about the ship it concerns. You have until next Sunday at 6pm EST or when someone gets the answers correct.

1) What was the name and number of this ship ? USS Nautilus
2) What date was this ship launched ? January 21, 1954
3) What date was this ship decommissioned? March 3, 1980
4) Who broke the champagne bottle across her bow? First Lady Mamie Eisenhower

Now the hard one......
5) What was it that my Grandfather did for this particular ship? Designed the nuclear propulsion system?

One hint....
This ship is a National Historic Landmark.
:laugh: Damn Charlie, didn't we just talk about this! We have a winner. My Grandfather was part of the team of Nuclear Physicists that designed the first Naval nuclear propulsion system in a submarine.

Congrats Pimp Daddy!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Your were right Brian, the sub clue was one too many............

altercall, PM me your addy!

Thanks Putz, I was just giving you grief. I've got a box of these myself (though you always want more). I'm sure we'll find some time in the near future to send stuff back and forth!

I just noticed you had your addy listed so tough pucky son.............who said what I was going to send?! Hmmmmm?

On it's way to you Gary. DC# 0103 8555 7492 7348 6966

Seth

Seth-Super Bowl Contest DC #0103 8555 7493 1685 3342

Putz Mulligan 1st in pass contest DC# 0103 8555 7492 0142 8013

OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Your were right Brian, the sub clue was one too many............

altercall, PM me your addy!
Oh, by the way, I now dub Charlie "the King of Contests"

Oh! I see how it is.

I win a bunch of them and you call me a contest whore. Beeyotch!!!!!!

I'll have to make sure I let you know how those Davidoff's smoke bro. :whistling:

It was the entering of 288937487 not the winning of 12 that got you the title Contest Whore :)

Seth

It was the entering of 288937487 not the winning of 12 that got you the title Contest Whore :)

Seth

Now bro, we all know that's not even possible.

My post count is only at 288937380.

Pass arrived safe and sound. I'll look it over and post my P/T's tomorrow. Should have it to A-C by this weekend.

Woo Hoo!!!

:cool: