• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carribean Rums

Went out and bought a bottle of Zacapa 23 GR. Wow nice rum is an understatement. Interesting flavorprofile. Gave a small bit to my friend and he could not guess what booze it was.

I have to try that cruise line next time. No XO on my Carnival Cruise and I haven't been able to find it for under $150. If you go again, think of me!

On my cruise ship they had the Zacapa XO (25 year). More elegant than its 23 year younger brother. The Xo is not available in the US and on the ship went for $70.

I dont think I will be sailing with them anymore as there were other issues. I went to the DFS on day 1 (when no one was there) and scoped out all the goods. Nearly everything was overpriced until he I asked about the RZ XO and he said $70. I literally laughed out loud. I said I will take one. By weeks end on the cruise there was not a single bottle left of anything in there and some stuff was actually more expensive than in the US!

The majority of what's been posted is readily available stateside. I'm actually in search of a good sipping rum myself and am looking at the Matusalem Gran Reserva (~$35) and Pampero Anniversario (~$30). If I had the chance, I would try and hunt down anything from Havana Club.

That was my mission on the cruise I was on a couple of weeks back. And - to my surprise - I found Havana Club Reserva for just under US $18 per bottle (no tax) in Nassau. In my view - dollar for dollar - there's no comparison...

A friend of mine gave me a bottle of Flor de Cana 12 year, I have yet to try it. Looking forward to it though. He swears by the stuff.