• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CA's Top Cigars of the year

Blasphemy!!!

Congrats to Pepin. Maybe a DPG Black as #1?

Blasphemy!!!

That would be pretty cool....at least on the lanceros. While I think it should go to the Padrons for #1, I'm thinking it'll be the LFD Salomon. With the Sig V being the highest rated Cuban of the year, I guess we can rule out the Cohiba GR.

I'm surprised they rated the original "My Father" over the "22". Not my preference, to be sure...!!

I'm surprised they rated the original "My Father" over the "22". Not my preference, to be sure...!!

Same here, Tom....but CA never rated the 1922 this past year. This original MF is Pepin's favorite cigar...and it's not because his son blended it for him.

Had a My Father lancero with over a year of age on it and it was darned near sublime. Haven't had the #1 or the 22 series with any age but that lancero certainly has benefited from some aging.

This leaves the Padron for #1. While I don't disagree about the LFD being a great smoke, Padron hasn't ever finished out of the top 3 (to my knowledge).

I would agree with the MF. I have always enjoyed them when I had a chance to have one. There was a pretty good deal on a sampler box at cigarmonster last week but I didnt pull the trigger! :0

Wouldn't it be funny if the #1 spot went to a Gurkha?

I saw back issues where three sizes of DC Maximus were given 87, 87, and 85! None were the size ranked #4, but it is hard to believe the double corona is that much different than the other three rolled with the same blend. All were reviews from this year. I like the My Father for sure, and don't think the 45 will be #1 due to price...just stupid money for a cigar IMO. Anyone think Epernay will get it?

I saw back issues where three sizes of DC Maximus were given 87, 87, and 85! None were the size ranked #4, but it is hard to believe the double corona is that much different than the other three rolled with the same blend. All were reviews from this year. I like the My Father for sure, and don't think the 45 will be #1 due to price...just stupid money for a cigar IMO. Anyone think Epernay will get it?

Did you see the issue where they reviewed the Double Corona?

Tom, he said he's leaving. Just let him leave in peace.

16:43 MoeCizlak has been kicked by Tom.... :laugh: :laugh:

I feel there is some money affecting results. I was planning on buying all the top 25 and storing them away for a while but I didn't think there would be BS.

I don't really trust these ratings. I often wonder how much advertising :whistling: influences the ratings in CA.

I'm curious to see who the other top advertisers manufacturer's end up being.

lol

My thoughts exactly.

Hey guys,

The newbie here again. Is CA really that bais. I only ask because my girlfriend just got me a year subscription for the magazine. I was pretty excited when she told me too. I wanted it because of their cigar reviews. But, it seems like most of you turn your head at their judgment.

wow, 2570, that is impressive! No, I did not see the double corona review.

did I miss something? ???

Blasphemy!!!

That would be pretty cool....at least on the lanceros. While I think it should go to the Padrons for #1, I'm thinking it'll be the LFD Salomon. With the Sig V being the highest rated Cuban of the year, I guess we can rule out the Cohiba GR.

I really enjoyed the LFD Salomon, but the 45 gave me 90 minutes of 'O' face. Gotta give it to Padron.