• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Fuente Robusto

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
Has anyone tried these? I was thinking of picking up a box next month during my trip to Vegas.
multiplespotting.gif

Worth the $550?

I've had all 4 sizes. In order of most to least favorite, I prefer

Corona Gorda--Belicosos--Robusto--Churchill

The CG is by far my favorite

To my understanding these started out as Opus X but changed a little during production.

It's a little pricey but hopefully worth it. ;)

I just called them to see if I could talk them into a phone order but it wasn't happening.

Rich

They don't do phone orders, but when you're in the store, they'll ship to your house if you don't want to carry them back in your luggage.

Cup

I will be there tomarrow...

I like the belicoso's myself...

Ironworker said:
Has anyone tried these? I was thinking of picking up a box next month during my trip to Vegas.
multiplespotting.gif

Worth the $550?
[snapback]223211[/snapback]​

lemme know when you are coming down..we can meet up there ans smoke!!!

I've tried the Belicoso...

It was a little bitter compared to an Opus...only slightly.
But overall, pretty smooth...and seemed somewhat potent.
Or, maybe it's just me :blush:
Seemed very similar to an Opus.

I guess it's worth a try.

I paid $18 for the Belicoso.

If it was me I would go with the Beli or the Robusto. I have always wanted to try one of those :whistling: . Next time I am in Vegas I do plan on picking some up.

The last time I was in Vegas I got a box of Robustos. At $525.00 they better be good. They are a good cigar. Not an Opus but good. They are strong,smooth and got a nice strong coffee taste.I have smoked about 6 frm the box since April. Should be going back in November and will probably pickup another box.

I can let you know when I am going and can get you some if you are in need.

Linkage with more info

They definitely have a distinct taste compared to Opus. I concur with Herb, the Corona Gorda's are the best, and thankfully, the cheapest. :)

I bought 3 CG's before the grand opening. I realy like the flavor but the draw is way too loose. My budy bought a couple of the robustos and said the same thing. I hope that has changed...good cigar...crappy draw. Not worth the price then, hope they got rolled better since then. HAve fun...that's a great place to sit and smoke.

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
I bought 3 CG's before the grand opening. I realy like the flavor but the draw is way too loose. My budy bought a couple of the robustos and said the same thing. I hope that has changed...good cigar...crappy draw. Not worth the price then, hope they got rolled better since then. HAve fun...that's a great place to sit and smoke.

-Fetter
[snapback]223397[/snapback]​

Interesting. I've had zero draw issues with the CF's I've had... perhaps the ones you had were a tad dry? Interesting, in any event.

The only one I smoked was the robusto. I thought it was fantastic. I love cameroon wrappers and the Opus and cameroon combination made for a sweet, spicy, full bodied smoke that I would smoke everyday if they were around 10 bucks a stick.

Matty_Vegas said:
I will be there tomarrow...

I like the belicoso's myself...
[snapback]223297[/snapback]​

matty i would love to try one of these :D

any chance we could work out a trade ???

:D

addy sent!

and cant wait fro nevember..

looks like just me and my girl will be going..

hale dont know if he can go.. :(

oh and matty we are doing KA on wed night nov 2nd my girl already wnet and got us kick ass seats. so if you guys wanna meet up with us or maybe get dinner..and smoke some H.Upmann's!

moki said:
fetterjohn said:
I bought 3 CG's before the grand opening.  I realy like the flavor but the draw is way too loose.  My budy bought a couple of the robustos and said the same thing.  I hope that has changed...good cigar...crappy draw.  Not worth the price then, hope they got rolled better since then.  HAve fun...that's a great place to sit and smoke.

-Fetter
[snapback]223397[/snapback]​

Interesting. I've had zero draw issues with the CF's I've had... perhaps the ones you had were a tad dry? Interesting, in any event.
[snapback]223400[/snapback]​

Moki,

I know...that's what I was expecting...a great smoke. But the humidor they have is state of the art. So I don't know if it was dry or just that first run of them that needed adjustment. I have one left that I will fire up in about 2-3 months (sitting for 6 months now) and see how it is. I hope it is better. If not...I will have to pick some more up on my next LV trip. Oh so sad for me!!! :( :whistling:

-Fetter

alexgtp said:
:D

addy sent!

and cant wait fro nevember..

looks like just me and my girl will be going..

hale dont know if he can go.. :(

oh and matty we are doing KA on wed night nov 2nd my girl already wnet and got us kick ass seats. so if you guys wanna meet up with us or maybe get dinner..and smoke some H.Upmann's!
[snapback]223694[/snapback]​

Dinner would be great...when are we gonna do brew pub???

I had a horrible experience at Casa Fuente today...ugh...