• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Magna vs Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970

Which do you like better.

• Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Casa Magna

• Neither

• Total voters
I ummm...have never smoked either. :D I do however, have one Casa Magna in my humi (thank you Israel!!!) that I'm going to put fire to soon. Well, at least I hope I can...soon.

x2... I've never had either but our local B&M just got some Casa Magnas in... Might have to go check one out.

JdN any day of the week, hands down. Casa Magna is just a poor imitator of the glory of the Joya.

Sorry about the delay in announcing the winner.

Congratulations Dean.
1st.gif
#7 was pulled and you get the 5ver.

PM which address you want them shipped to.

Thanks for the poll.

Yep have to go with the JdNA very good cigar!

Not so much with Casa Magna? Nothing wrong with burn, smoke or construction. Just didn't have anything? Will try again down the road have a couple resting!

I have a Casa Magna Torito in my humi. I will have to try it tonight and let you know. This is the biggest ring gauge I have bought, its a 60 ring size and 4 3/4 in long.

Pre light. The cigar had a nice smell to it. Firm with a little give. Construction was nice also.
First few draws didn't taste to well. It kind of tasted like grass with no pepper taste. Also not drawing to well.
After a few more draws the pepper started coming out strong. The taste was not bad with a hint of leather and a lot more pepper that kind of lingered of my tongue.
About a 1/4 of the way through the pepper started slacking up.The leather started to fade just a little bit. Then I started to pick up a creamy taste with a little earthy undertone. The ash is still on the cigar and has some black in it. The draw is still a little tight. Also I can do a cigar stand.
The pepper picked up every so often. About half way through it was still creamy with a hint of mocha along with the pepper coming and going.This cigar is starting to mellow out now. Also the ash is still holding on and can still do a cigar stand.
Towards the last 3/4 my ash fell off and the spice gets a bit stronger and the mocha still lingers.The flavors were a bit complex for me as this is my first review and I am a newbie.
Overall this is a great cigar especially for around 5 dollars. With a little age I would say this would be an even better cigar. I will buy more because this cigar is a great smoke and is pretty cheap.

Awesome thanks Andy! :D

If you could be so kind to send it to the Texas addy! I have 1 more week here! :thumbs:

I smoked JdN almost exclusively for years. Years ago they had a robusto in maduro that I enjoyed just as much as anything I can think of.

I've always had very good luck with consistent flavor, and good construction. That speaks well for any brand.

I haven't really smoked enough of the Casa Magna to judge the brand on it's own. The sampler I went through, 2 of each size, was just o.k.,

with a lot of draw problems. Not a good first impression. I'll try them again some time.

All that said, at this point, considering all aspects, the JdN leads by quite a margin.

I've yet to try the Casa, but I'm not a JdN fan. I don't think they're balanced cigars at all... all power and no finesse.

I have to agree with this (sorry Andy). Once upon a time, I enjoyed the consul. But I tried a belicoso recently and it was just harsh. If you like a smaller cigar with a little punchy - like the consul -- I recommend the La Aroma de Cuba corona minor, which seems to have a little more smoothness to take the edge off the strength.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

I've yet to try the Casa, but I'm not a JdN fan. I don't think they're balanced cigars at all... all power and no finesse.

I have to agree with this (sorry Andy). Once upon a time, I enjoyed the consul. But I tried a belicoso recently and it was just harsh. If you like a smaller cigar with a little punchy - like the consul -- I recommend the La Aroma de Cuba corona minor, which seems to have a little more smoothness to take the edge off the strength.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

That is the beauty of cigar smoking. There are as many, or more, brands and sizes as there are personal tastes. I also like La Aroma de Cuba, but I have a lot of different cigars for a lot of different moods, foods, and attitudes. These can all affect what I am going to smoke and when.

Pre light. The cigar had a nice smell to it. Firm with a little give. Construction was nice also.
First few draws didn't taste to well. It kind of tasted like grass with no pepper taste. Also not drawing to well.
After a few more draws the pepper started coming out strong. The taste was not bad with a hint of leather and a lot more pepper that kind of lingered of my tongue.
About a 1/4 of the way through the pepper started slacking up.The leather started to fade just a little bit. Then I started to pick up a creamy taste with a little earthy undertone. The ash is still on the cigar and has some black in it. The draw is still a little tight. Also I can do a cigar stand.
The pepper picked up every so often. About half way through it was still creamy with a hint of mocha along with the pepper coming and going.This cigar is starting to mellow out now. Also the ash is still holding on and can still do a cigar stand.
Towards the last 3/4 my ash fell off and the spice gets a bit stronger and the mocha still lingers.The flavors were a bit complex for me as this is my first review and I am a newbie.
Overall this is a great cigar especially for around 5 dollars. With a little age I would say this would be an even better cigar. I will buy more because this cigar is a great smoke and is pretty cheap.

Nice review my man... Enjoy and keep reviewing.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

That is the beauty of cigar smoking. There are as many, or more, brands and sizes as there are personal tastes. I also like La Aroma de Cuba, but I have a lot of different cigars for a lot of different moods, foods, and attitudes. These can all affect what I am going to smoke and when.

Nice review my man... Enjoy and keep reviewing.

Thanks that means a lot to me. That was my first review and I had a good time doing it.

I recently had the casa magna (which I enjoyed) but I also smoked the fonseca cubano limitada and immediately thought of the JdN antano. IMO it is very similar full bodied smoke that you need to make sure you dont have on a empty stomach! Very enjoyable. :thumbs:

Andy,
The package landed and it is safe and sound! What a great selection of smokes!

Woohoo! :thumbs:
Thanks
Dean

Sorry to find this so late. Just smoked my fist Magna that was gifted to me and I searched to find more info.

I agree that the JDN is just a powerful smoke and I've only had the one Magna, but I'm searching about it, because I liked it enough to search more about it.