• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cellophane newbie question

dbanther22

Quick question, i've noticed in alot of pictures that lots of cigars are still in cellophane inside a humidor, i thought you were suppose to take it off, is it better to leave it on or just personal preferance?

dbanther22,

This is one of those perennial debates among cigar smokers. However, I think that if you run a search on the term "cellophane," you'll find a few key threads that comes as close to resolving this debate as I've ever seen. If you do that and can tell us what the answer is, then you'll have done well. :thumbs:

BTW, when you do that search, you'll get darn good comments on the following:
1. the primary function of cello with respect to loose cigars in a humidor
2. the suspected contribution of cello to the aging of cigars
3. what cello will not block the transfer of

Wilkey

Highly debated!

If it comes with cello, I leave it on, it makes no difference to the storage conditions, (humidity passes through, the cello is micro-porous), and will serve to protect delicate wrappers.

I just smoke my cigars with the cellophane on...tastes fine to me...

:sign: :sign:

Edited to add:
So much for teaching a man to fish. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Wilkey

What did I miss Wilkey? ??? Did he flame out?

Hehe, not at all, Jon. Bigwhiteash just spilled in post #3 what I was gonna quiz the OP on in post #2.

Wilkey

Dammit...

Sorry Wilkey ;)

I didn't answer #2, so there's some fish left in the ocean :D

Hehe, not at all, Jon. Bigwhiteash just spilled in post #3 what I was gonna quiz the OP on in post #2.

Wilkey

Ahhhh...BIGWHITEASH! :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just attribute it to all those cigars smoked with the cellophane on. One day I am going to convince a newbie that it is the correct form of enjoying your cigar, and it will be humorous.

:blush: I'm sorry, I think I've been awake far too long...

Ahhhh...BIGWHITEASH! :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just attribute it to all those cigars smoked with the cellophane on. One day I am going to convince a newbie that it is the correct form of enjoying your cigar, and it will be humorous.

:blush: I'm sorry, I think I've been awake far too long...
You mean you actually sleep? How do you do that standing up? ???

Oh and I agree with you, the cigar is much smoother with the cello on.

Brian

Yes, just leave it on, it really does bring such a pleasant aroma and taste out of the stick like never enjoyed by others, it almost smells and tastes industrial, such a fine combination i look for.................but seriously folks i take it off, i like to hit it bare back

Quick question, i've noticed in alot of pictures that lots of cigars are still in cellophane inside a humidor, i thought you were suppose to take it off, is it better to leave it on or just personal preferance?

The short answer is... use Search -- this has been discussed to death.

The long answer is that people who take the cellophane off of their cigars are typically new to the hobby. People who have seen far too many cigar wrappers become damaged for no reason, or not be proper trade bait, keep their cigars as they come from the manufacturer, with whatever packaging they come in.

Here is a simple way to see for yourself what you prefer in cigars still wrapped in their cellophane or au natural. Fill one humidor with naked cigars and the other with cellophaned stogies,,,let sit for a month or so and smoke a cigar from each humidor and see if you can tell a difference in overall quality. Chances are you won't know the difference and you will never have to deal with this issue again. IMHO there is no difference but some people have to know if there is a difference. I say try the experiment and then get back to us with the results.

I also feel that if it comes with Cellophane than it stays on. I have never had a problem living by this and I dont plan on stopping.

Yes, just leave it on, it really does bring such a pleasant aroma and taste out of the stick like never enjoyed by others, it almost smells and tastes industrial, such a fine combination i look for.................but seriously folks i take it off, i like to hit it bare back

Thats what she said :sign:

05_theoffice_lgl.jpg

Thats what she said :sign:

05_theoffice_lgl.jpg

Damnn! BTB That was 'posed to be my line! :laugh: According to GregSVT! (Bastid) ???