• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Changing Cellular Carrier- Ting Mobile?

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
I'm getting sick of paying a ridiculous amount of money for two smartphones with my current big-name carrier, so I've been exploring some other options.  Does anyone have any experience with Ting Mobile? 

https://ting.com

I always toy with the idea of this....then I remember I am addicted to always being in contact  lol.  I know nothing of this carrier though.  Maybe you have an older phone that you can try on it, before you use  your  current one?

If you really want to go off and blaze your own trail Xtremer known for their great quality digital media players broke into the smart phone business and it looks like they offer some great phones to use on any network http://www.xtreamermobile.com/eng/

Ting is a wireless service provider launched in February 2012 by Tucows, selling its services in the United States using the Sprint networks.

Vicster said:
Ting is a wireless service provider launched in February 2012 by Tucows, selling its services in the United States using the Sprint networks.
Yeah, I got all that.  I was curious if anyone had any personal experience with them.  I'm usually leery if something sounds too good to be true.

My point would be the experience or phone performance would be the same as Sprint service in your area. And they would have to rely on Sprint for activation or interconnect issues. And they only have voice roaming, data would be hit and miss.

Vicster said:
My point would be the experience or phone performance would be the same as Sprint service in your area. And they would have to rely on Sprint for activation or interconnect issues. And they only have voice roaming, data would be hit and miss.

This.

Any new or existing company is only as good as the backbone they are riding on!

The only Ting I know of goes extremely well with rum.

ting.jpg

Vicster said:
I was curious how that works, at least as far as limiting factors.  I expected the functionality to be identical to Sprint, just cheaper, but now think I need to research it more.  Thanks!