• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chase Utley "World F***ing Champions!"

Put it in this context, priest being pedophiles, teachers having sex with their students in grammar school. What Utley said is a fart in the wind.

Yes he was wrong but he is Chase Utley. :whistling: Now if he added mother in front, then I wouldn't condone it J/K. I know he is wrong by the way but if you haven't noticed... we just won a World Series. Find one Phillies fan that will grill him. Maybe after the high wears off. (If it was any other team Tim, I am right there with you. :p )

It is all good.

Just so we are clear, IF the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, and IF T.O. drops a phrase like Chase did, then everyone in Philly will be cool with it right? After all, he may have just won a Super Bowl.

Tim
Please let's not even think about that. If that happens I am gonna smoke myself to death. :0

My 2 cents

I understand being exited but IMO in this setting the use of the word was wrong. What if I'm working in the neighborhood grocery store and your Mother or Grandmother walks in and asks me where the ice cream is and I answer "It's in the F****ing freezer on the left". What if I'm the Principal at your child's elementary school and during a graduation ceremony I exclaim "Congratulations you F***ing graduated!". Theres a time and a place for everything. Trust me I'm no saint, I cuss like a sailor when I'm playing hockey but I keep it respectable the rest of time.

Maybe Chase could have shown a little respect for the people in the audience that may be offended by the use of the word and saved it for the locker room or Friday's poker game. I'd bet Chase lost more respect than he gained on this one.

All that over a fracking word... geesh... If that's what you're worried about protecting your children against... golly gee...

ETA: Sorry, I don't mean to be hostile. I guess being in this kind of environment de-sensitizes me to the word. I use it and hear it all the time. It's a very versatile word. It's nice being able to pick up European channels where things aren't bleeps/silenced out, too.

Theres a time and a place for everything. Trust me I'm no saint, I cuss like a sailor when I'm playing hockey but I keep it respectable the rest of time.

Maybe Chase could have shown a little respect for the people in the audience that may be offended by the use of the word and saved it for the locker room or Friday's poker game. I'd bet Chase lost more respect than he gained on this one.
Having lived in Philly for 12 years, I can firmly attest that it was the effin time and was most definitely the effin place! :D You do know they throw iceballs at Santa in Philly, right? :laugh:
Philly would win the "Most Un-PC Town in the Universe" award. They have 3 YOs that would make some members here blush! :thumbs:

Of course, he'll have to apologize but everyone in town will see the implied wink. ;)

All that over a fracking word... geesh... If that's what you're worried about protecting your children against... golly gee...

ETA: Sorry, I don't mean to be hostile. I guess being in this kind of environment de-sensitizes me to the word. I use it and hear it all the time. It's a very versatile word. It's nice being able to pick up European channels where things aren't bleeps/silenced out, too.

So, if your child is watching daytime network TV, and F_bombs start getting dropped all over the place, that's OK?

Theres a time and a place for everything. Trust me I'm no saint, I cuss like a sailor when I'm playing hockey but I keep it respectable the rest of time.

Having lived in Philly for 12 years, I can firmly attest that it was the effin time and was most definitely the effin place! :D You do know they throw iceballs at Santa in Philly, right? :laugh:
Philly would win the "Most Un-PC Town in the Universe" award. They have 3 YOs that would make some members here blush! :thumbs:

Of course, he'll have to apologize but everyone in town will see the implied wink. ;)

Never been to Philly, apparently I need to go there to get an understanding of how things are done there. Soory I meant how the F**k things are done there....right??. :laugh:

I shouldn't expect it to be too PC, after all it was the home of the Dave Shultz and the Broad Street Bullies!

So, if your child is watching daytime network TV, and F_bombs start getting dropped all over the place, that's OK?

If I cared, I'd turn the channel. Censorship is my job. He hears it more from me that he'd hear it on TV, anyhow...