• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chateau Ste. Michelle

PetersCreek

Codger-in-training
I just returned from a business trip to Seattle and before coming home, I was able to make a return trip to the Chateau Ste. Michelle winery.

I tried the just-released 2004 Muscat Canelli and immediately bought six bottles for shipment home, along with another to squirrel away in my luggage. It promises to be a favorite summer desert wine that's neither too sweet nor too heavy. Unfortunately, it won't be released for distribution to our favorite wine shop, hence the 7-bottle purchase. I just couldn't let that one get away.

Two additional bottles also went in the suitcase...a bottle each of their 2003 Horse Heaven Sauvignon Blanc and 2004 Cold Creek Chardonnay. The latter is one of the most smoothly polished chards I've ever had in the price range. The Wife® and I enjoyed it the evening of my return with some fresh pan-seared sea scallops purchased from the Pike Place Market.

I only wish The Wife® could've been with me for the trip. CSM is the first winery we visited together...her first winery visit ever...and it's a favorite vacation stop for us.

Now, I'm not too sure of what a good pairing for the Muscat would be. Anyone have any ideas pending my own taste tests?

Don't know about the muscat yet. The Chardonnay is awesome.

Chateau Ste. Michelle, is IMHO the best. I like the crispness of the Northwest in my wine.

SOmeday plan on making that a vacation destination as well.