• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheap Cooler.

slevy007

The Broke Smoker & 2006 Ash Standing Champion!
Hey guys,

Anyone know where to get a nice cheap cooler.. maybe know of some sales going on?

I'm tapped for space to store my smokes... and the only reasonable idea would be to make a coolerdor.

Anyway, TIA!

Slevy007
~steve

I picked mine up at a boating supply store. It's an Igloo Marine 54 Qt cooler. i think the Marine coolers (any brand) are more likely to come with slots for shelves (if that's what you want) I paid $30 - $40 for mine.

At this time of the year you might want to try Walmart or Target.

PM me if ya need to know where there is a Walmart. There is one on Long Island. Also there is a pretty decent Target right over the bridge in Queens.... the boating supply place was in Long Island also.

I don't know if this your boat, but you could always try to find the 2-5 dollar special at a garage sale. Or just grab one out of the garage like me.

Ok, I'll give the Wal/K Marts a try, and the targets. There are a bunch of all of them in LI, and a couple of targets around me here.
I'll take a look. I mean COSTCO has a big one (165QT) but it's like 60-70 bones. Plus it has extar compartments on the lid, which I don't need.. it wastes quart space IMHO.

Steve :D

Walmart is a good bet. Depending on what area of the country you are in they most likely are on sale in the Winter. The Winter is when I buy my coolers as they mark down all the cooler that didn't sell during the Summer. However, I am in a seasonal market where noboby is looking for coolers in the Winter!! :laugh: :laugh:

I actually found mine on-line somewhere with free shipping. I'll look around, see if I can find the link. If I can, I'll post here.

Edit for spelling

I went to Costco and got my second 150qt for $11.99. It's not insulated, but is air tight and lockable. I live in a mild climate, so temp won't be an issue for me.

Cheers,
Dixie

steve
got mine at walmart for 15 bucks 48qt igloo ice cube. nice seal and good footprint for my needs.

Joe

I checked 2 different wally world's here in Northern NJ and neither one had any coolers out yet. :(

I justb picked one up from G.I. Joes for a good price. K-Mart has good prices too.

Dice said:
I checked 2 different wally world's here in Northern NJ and neither one had any coolers out yet. :(
[snapback]292397[/snapback]​

That's because it is still too damn cold there :D

Yeah, I still have some places to check... but I tend to think I might have missed the boat on closeout coolers. Costco had one, but it was 160? qt, heavily insulated and had an upper container... like $60 bucks ;)
Anyway, I'm still looking. :D

slevy007

~steve