• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chess

Setharsis

Boot'tye Zdorovy
I rarely get the chance to have a cigar so when I do, I try to maximize my enjoyment factor by combining hobbies. Sure it's nice to relax, watch a game on the TV and have a cold one. But one of my favorite pastimes (wtf, this is how you spell pastime?) is to play a good old game of chess while having a cigar. I was kind of surprised to see not a single hit with the search function on chess, so I'm just wondering, anyone here play?

OK, I think my search function must have crapped out on methe first time cuz now I'm finding a bunch of hits. :whistling:

I play occasionally online, but not much face to face anymore. My buddy and I are going to build a dominoes table using our cigar bands, because I like to play dominoes while sitting around enjoying a cigar.

Reminds me of a story. Capablanca, I believe the world champion at the time and a Cuban and of course a cigar smoker, was challenged by Emmanuel Lasker for the world championship. Lasker insisted, and Capablanca agreed, that he would not smoke during the match. As they sat down to play the first game of the match, Capa immediately put a cigar to his mouth. Lasker, of course, vehemently objected. The judge ruled that Capa had not lit his cigar and therefore was not smoking, but Lasker immediately retorted, " But he threatens to smoke". You have to be a chess player to understand. Oh yea, I play.

Doc.

Good one Doc.

I've played a lot of chess in my day. I got sucked into Facebook through chess. Not much lately though. I always reach a point where chess starts to bore me. It's all the opening move strategy that gets to me. Same sh.t, same sh.t.

I'm a playa, but you knew that. ;)

I like opening strategy, it's end game that I need more practice in.

Love chess. I used to love 3-D chess but haven't played since I was in my 20s.

BTW, pastime is correct.:rolleyes:

I just started trying to play again due to it being on my computer. Hadn't played in a lifetime. Hard to get back into the groove. I feel like I suck now. I was never great, but, I could hold my own. Do enjoy it though.

Love it, hate it.....i play at it.....

Tim

I play a lot, but mostly with my son trying to teach him strategy and not impulsiveness. Never played online though.

My problem is I play the game,I have never studied the game.

I understand the terms, Opening and end game, but I have no idea how to execute them.

I just move the pretty pieces...lol

T

I understand the terms, Opening and end game, but I have no idea how to execute them.

T

We should figure out a way to play Tim, because that's basically what I do. I suck at chess but I love it.

T

It sounds like you have mastered my confusion strategy! I can relate with you on knowing how to play the game, but not executing. It's difficult to grasp all the continually changing scenarios and I end up just settling on a move that kills me later.

T

It sounds like you have mastered my confusion strategy! I can relate with you on knowing how to play the game, but not executing. It's difficult to grasp all the continually changing scenarios and I end up just settling on a move that kills me later.

Stop trying to steal my new chess partner. :angry:

T

We should figure out a way to play Tim, because that's basically what I do. I suck at chess but I love it.

You could probably use yahoo games to play it.

T

You could probably use yahoo games to play it.

I don't suppose you young fellas ever heard of Postal Chess?:0

Doc.

Postal? I use UPS :p

sexy_ups_girl.jpg

I enjoy playing at RedHotPawn.com, but my chess game is almost as laughable as my golf game!
laugh.gif