• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chewing this nip.

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
Because I have never heard of anyone doing this before I can only imagine what most of you will think.

When I nip a cigar I will take the nipped portion and put it in my mouth. It's a lot like pre light draw for me. I can tell a lot about a cigar from the taste of the tobacco. I slightly chew on the cap and suck the juices out. After a minute I spit it out and light the cigar.

For me the Partagas vitolas have been the best tasting. I just started doing this a few weeks ago and now I find myself doing it to every cigar I smoke.
I just chewed the cap of a Cohiba and its tasted great.
Maybe I like it because I'm such a cigar junkie smoking 5-6 cigars a day.

Every cap I have chewed that didn't taste good the cigar was equally as bad.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this.?

Flame On

Rich

I never thought about that but I don't think it's too crazy. Many smokers chomp on the cigar while they smoke it anyway. My favorite part of smoking a cigar is how the wrapper tastes.

Doesn't sound too odd, I always loved it when I could taste the cigar on my lips right after smoking it...I used to have a habit of chewing on the end a bit while smokin. As far as chewing the cap...thats all you get is the cap so all your tasting is the cap. Doesn't really give you a taste of the filler at all, well at least I wouldn't think it would. But still I think I can agree every greatly awesome cigar I smoked had a good taste to the wrapper.

hope this isnt off topic but a while back I saw a thread on chewing tobacco and the prospect of chewing cigar tobacco. Like cutting open an opus and having at it. Kinda made me laugh but at the same time...much curiousity.

Hi, Ironworker! Yes, I used to do this many years ago with my Bear Bros. Rum Soaked Crooks. It was very enjoyable and tasty! Regards, knightlaird

I usually do the same. I never thought about it, just always did. Since I chewed tobacco for 10+ years, I like to throw it in in my lip.

ree

I tend to lick the wrapper, but I've never done exactly what you talked about. As I sit at my computer, though, I usually have an unlit Backwoods Wild Rum in my mouth. It tends to get soggy and I just keep cutting the wet parts off until it's too short to chew and suck on.

Wilkey

Forgot to add, I suck on the cigar head for a minute or so before I cut the cap off so I get my taste there.

Wilkey

I like that Idea Ironworker more I think about more I want to do it.. OOPS got to go a stick is calling.......

Yes, I sometimes chew on the cap but never thought much of it.

Reminds me of a time when I joked with my young daughter by clipping the end off a torpedo, licking it and sticking on my forehead for laughs. She immediatley grabbed it and put it in her mouth thinking it was a chocolate chip. :laugh: I felt bad, but you have seen the look of disgust on her face.

And here I thought I was freak. I mean the ONLY freak. :laugh:

Definitely makes sense, especially since I've been using dip since I quit smoking cigarettes. One question though: I know it's not the same thing, but I don't swallow my spit when I chew tobacco. When you have the "nip" in your mouth, do you swallow the spit with the juices from the tobacco or do you spit it out like chewing tobacco? If you swallow it, am I correct in guessing that it's not the same as chewing tobacco, meaning it doesn't make you want to vomit?

Interesting idea thanks for bringing it up!

Ginseng said:
I tend to lick the wrapper, but I've never done exactly what you talked about. As I sit at my computer, though, I usually have an unlit Backwoods Wild Rum in my mouth. It tends to get soggy and I just keep cutting the wet parts off until it's too short to chew and suck on.

Wilkey
[snapback]239809[/snapback]​

Masochism? ???

Ginseng said:

Wilkey
[snapback]239809[/snapback]​

Mmmmmm!! Backwoods! :rolleyes:

Guitar_Gatler said:
hope this isnt off topic but a while back I saw a thread on chewing tobacco and the prospect of chewing cigar tobacco. Like cutting open an opus and having at it. Kinda made me laugh but at the same time...much curiousity.
[snapback]239650[/snapback]​

Try brewing some Opus tea ... Mmmmm ..... good stuff :sign:

:cool:

I assumed something else when the topic said 'Chewing this nip'. I love doing that but love cigars also.

knightlaird said:
Hi, Ironworker! Yes, I used to do this many years ago with my Bear Bros. Rum Soaked Crooks. It was very enjoyable and tasty! Regards, knightlaird
[snapback]239656[/snapback]​

ALOT of people in TN talk about Moonshine Crooks and I just wanted to try one just to say I'd tried one, but I've never found them. I looked online and a box of 50 is 20 bones, wanna split?

I've chewed on cigars before getting ready to smoke them, but that's about it