• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Christmas came early

alphaiii

I was browsing one of the local liquor stores recently, and much to my suprise, in the middle of the shelves sat Rittenhouse Bottled-In-Bond 100 Proof Rye.

This rye has gotten alot of praise, and it's been something I've wanted to try but could never find anywhere. So I bought myself a bottle and I think it's a hell of a bargain at $14.99. The only other rye I've had is the Van Winkle Family Reserve 13 Year Rye. I like the Rittenhouse better, and love the fact that it costs less than half the price of the VWFR.

If you like rye, or want a change of pace from bourbon, and you see Rittenhouse BIB 100 proof on the shelf, give it a try - you just might like it as much as I do.

Good stuff, on my review list for later this month too.

I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

On a side note, I also ran across the Sazerac 6 Year today, and of course I couldn't pass that up - you just never know how long these hard to find bottles will stick around...

I've never had rye whiskey. What is the flavor profile as compared to bourbon or scotch?

Is there a good website that explains the different types of spirits and their profiles?

I'm really a newb to this side of CP. AVB's scotch reviews have opened a new door for me, and I'm enjoying it greatly.

A good article on rye here pluse Ive done some reviews that should give you an idea.

I see Casasoho posted the same link 2 days ago. Great minds think alike :)

Thanks for the link. I'll look into more of your reviews as well. From the sound of the article, it doesn't sound like it would be to my liking. However, I'll never know without giving it a shot.

You're a wealth of useful information!