• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Christmas Cigars

okiesmoke

I'm thinking of buying some cigars for a special Christmas gift to me.

The only ISOMs I've smoked were RyJ Churchills, which I definitely need to be sitting down for, and Cohiba Siglo II? (Petit Corona)

Anyway, any recommendations of what to buy or perhaps a sampler? I'm leaning toward the Churchills or Short Churchills maybe although I'm pretty sure they're totally different flavors.

Thanks in advance.

If you haven't already, do the Newbie Sampler Trade on here ... that's a guaranteed excellent selection of cigars you'll get ... I still need to do the trade also.

Good luck with your search! :thumbs:

Nick

Yeah, did the Newbie Sampler already and it was great!

I'm thinking of cigars that belong in this forum though :whistling:

Yeah, did the Newbie Sampler already and it was great!

I'm thinking of cigars that belong in this forum though :whistling:

Heh, you probably did the newbie trade 2 years ago huh :)

Which NC's do you prefer? Are you just asking for a general idea of what people like? If you've had the Siglo II's and like them, you can never go wrong with Cohiba in my opinion! And since they're a gift, the price tag shouldn't matter!

Anyway, any recommendations of what to buy or perhaps a sampler?

Just down the street from you. . .

IMO, you really can start anywhere you'd like - pick the cigars with the coolest band or box or tube and start there. Look for 5-packs and buy as many different ones as you can. I've never tossed one, regardless of the marca (I've tossed plenty of NCs), so I don't think you'll be dissappointed. Eventually you'll find yourself leaning towards a particular make and model only to later rediscover something you like better. . .wash, rinse, repeat.

I take that back, I have tossed plenty of CCs, but only because they were plugged, not because they tasted bad.

Enjoy the journey - try them all.

Thanks for the replies guys. As a gift you're right price should not matter, however as a gift to myself I'm afraid my will will not find the same justifications that I have :laugh:

Get a box of the Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas. They are very cheap, but very tasty.

Partagas Shorts are always nice and If you don't like them, theres others out there that will snatch them up. :)

Partagas Shorts are always nice and If you don't like them, theres others out there that will snatch them up. :)
Very true and applicable to just about anything one would buy and decide to dispose of - really no risk in any choice the OP makes.

Anyway, any recommendations of what to buy or perhaps a sampler?

Just down the street from you. . .

IMO, you really can start anywhere you'd like - pick the cigars with the coolest band or box or tube and start there. Look for 5-packs and buy as many different ones as you can. I've never tossed one, regardless of the marca (I've tossed plenty of NCs), so I don't think you'll be dissappointed. Eventually you'll find yourself leaning towards a particular make and model only to later rediscover something you like better. . .wash, rinse, repeat.

I take that back, I have tossed plenty of CCs, but only because they were plugged, not because they tasted bad.

Enjoy the journey - try them all.

I cannot agree with you more.

I have smoke many different smokes from ISOM and my faves are the Bolivar Belicoso Fino and the Monte #2. Both affordable and true to the reputation.

Keep an eye on the B/S/T room for people selling fivers or samplers.