• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Christmas gift

bluue13

So for Christmas my wife got me scotch ice "sphere" makers. I had just casually mentioned how cool they looked after seeing them in a few scotch ads in magazines and she apparently searched high and low to find them. I figured I would try them out tonight with some Talisker 12yr. Pretty neat I have to say. No idea where she found them but if you can locate some I'd def recommend it!

0106012018.jpg

I got something similar from Maker's Mark this year at Christmas. I have to agree that they work very well.

I received the same thing from Makers Mark also. Forgot about them until this post.

Wife got me Whiskey Stones for Christmas. This way nothing is diluted too much and you can control how much water is added, if you do that.

John

Way too much ice for my tastes but there isn't any "correct" way to drink scotch so have at it.

Yup...that's one big ice cube/sphere...but hey if it works for you...it works. Enjoy. I agree they do look cool.

Wife got me Whiskey Stones for Christmas. This way nothing is diluted too much and you can control how much water is added, if you do that.

John

Those are pretty cool. Might have to pick me up a set.

Yeah those are on my list of things to get as well. Look pretty neat!

ETA: I've figured that even though the sphere does seem like a lot of ice, I don't think it equals out to much more than approx. 3 regular ice cubes. I think that it is just the shape that makes it look like a whole lot more than that.

In any case, to each his own!

So for Christmas my wife got me scotch ice "sphere" makers. I had just casually mentioned how cool they looked after seeing them in a few scotch ads in magazines and she apparently searched high and low to find them. I figured I would try them out tonight with some Talisker 12yr. Pretty neat I have to say. No idea where she found them but if you can locate some I'd def recommend it!

0106012018.jpg

So it a solid water ice cube or a refreezeable type of device?

0106012018.jpg

So it a solid water ice cube or a refreezeable type of device?

It's a solid ice cube, not reusable like the other link posted above.

I've been wanting these for awhile now. Not for scotch but for ....well anything else! I just think its a cool idea..lol.

I've been wanting these for awhile now. Not for scotch but for ....well anything else! I just think its a cool idea..lol.

Never used the spheres, but I used to fill ice cube trays with flat soda. That way you could add Pepsi ice cubes to your Pepsi, and not have it water down while drinking....

Here ya go :D

http://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/ProductDisplay_Spherical%20Ice%20Tray%20Set_10451_10001_57253

That is amazing. I never heard of that. Now I have to get one! Awww...Simple pleasures in life are the best and they are the most amusing as well.