• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chuck Liddel pulls out of UFC 85

jeht2000

bodybuilder for life
Terrible thing I tell ya! Looks like Rasheed will have to wait even longer for a title shot now. Guess I will look foward to UFC 84 with S. Sherk and BJ Penn.

From UFC.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship(®) (UFC(®)) organisation announced today that Chuck Liddell has been forced to withdraw from the UFC 85 event. Liddell tore his hamstring last week while training for his June 7 bout with undefeated light heavyweight Rashad Evans.

"Unfortunately, Chuck Liddell tore his right hamstring during training last week, and being the warrior that he is, he still wanted to fight, which is the reason why everyone in the world loves him," said Dana White, UFC President. "But I wouldn't let anyone fight with his leg looking that way. Let him heal and come back and fight when he is 100 percent."

From UFC.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship(®) (UFC(®)) organisation announced today that Chuck Liddell has been forced to withdraw from the UFC 85 event. Liddell tore his hamstring last week while training for his June 7 bout with undefeated light heavyweight Rashad Evans.

"Unfortunately, Chuck Liddell tore his right hamstring during training last week, and being the warrior that he is, he still wanted to fight, which is the reason why everyone in the world loves him," said Dana White, UFC President. "But I wouldn't let anyone fight with his leg looking that way. Let him heal and come back and fight when he is 100 percent."

I figured he had to be on his death bed or worse to pull out of the fight. He'll be back.

Saw this on another board. Didn't know if it was real but looks like it was pulled from the UFC page:
f9jhpg.jpg

The rumor is that James Irvin will replace Liddell against Rashad.

And they added Bisping vs Leben to the card to sweeten it a little.

EDIT: Oh, and its a possibility it will be on SpikeTV instead of PPV.

Ouch!! And, thatsonofa don't get too excited about seeing the Rampage match because you already know whats going to happen :p