• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar advice

gljvd

I'm a bit new to smoking cigars , the onyl ones that have ever stood out in my head were la aurora preferidos saphires. Now 25 of these for $300 is a bit expensive for me. I was wondering if there is another similar tasting cigar at a lower price point. I'm going to try the newbie sampler , but right now i'm in the process of moving so that likely wont be till late febuary. Are there any good 5 packs that I might try?

Also a small side question , I normaly just use a little poker on the back of the cigar , should I be using something diffrent or is that fine. I like the poker because i never cut to much .

Thanks for any help you guys give me

Joseph

Your best bet is the Newbie Sampler Thread. You cannot go wrong there. You will only know what works for you in the tase epartment by trying other sticks. Go to your local B&M and talk with the owner. If they are good and knowledgeable they can steer you in the right direction.

If you can keep a tight grip on your wallet and not lose control of your desire to "win" a good place to look at picking up a 5-pack or two is Cigar Bid or Cigar Auctioneer. Both are good sites with good customer service but make sure you watch the product descriptions (especially at C-bid) as sometimes the picture is not what you are bidding on. Also it is good to be knowledgeable on the MSRP of the sticks you are bidding on - some people pay way way way too much just to win the auction.

Good luck and happy smoking.

- Jason

By "poker" are you referring to a punch? A quick search here or on the internet should provide several inexpensive methods for opening up your cigars. It's a matter of personal preference -- I prefer a v-cut.