• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aging Vault Humidor Review

Paul

Thank you for the detail answers,big help since I have ordered one of these and I will be cleaning it and setting it up next week.

How much water do you go through with the avallo and how often the way is set now?

A little disappointing to learn about the cigar size issue but no big deal it looked like you solved it with the set up below.

I will be following your track on this one!

Paul

Thank you for the detail answers,big help since I have ordered one of these and I will be cleaning it and setting it up next week.
Post up some pics once you are all set up.

How much water do you go through with the avallo and how often the way is set now?
I "top off" tha Avallo every sunday just to stay up on it. but the canisters are never more than half full. i have yet to go thru a gallon of distilled water since the begining of Febuary!

A little disappointing to learn about the cigar size issue but no big deal it looked like you solved it with the set up below.
Yea that why I had the draws made to hold the bigger gauge sticks. The draws on the bottom are great and if you go that route contact Golfnut here on CP and point him towards this thread. The draws have removable dividers in them for storage flexability.

Paul

I "top off" tha Avallo every sunday just to stay up on it. but the canisters are never more than half full. i have yet to go thru a gallon of distilled water since the begining of Febuary!

Yea that why I had the draws made to hold the bigger gauge sticks. The draws on the bottom are great and if you go that route contact Golfnut here on CP and point him towards this thread. The draws have removable dividers in them for storage flexability.

Paul

It sounds like up to 56 gauge naked no problem right?

I wanted a little more room for boxes as I have another cabinet but not big enough but between the two I will be fine.

My big concern is the sealing of the humidor drawers as I wanted to use the drawers as a second last face aging stage where I would start smoking them slowly like month at a time.

I wonder if too much air escaping so close to the cigars might effect them loosing their oils and such,so when I looked how you had to do every drawer I have to ask.

Do you feel the drawers specifically (I do not worry about the lower part at all) are sealed just right and how do the drawers stay tight against the surface if it is not wood but something soft like the sealing stuff.?

Where did you get them from if you are really happy with them.

Nice review and it looks like you've got a setup you're happy with.

Though I think it's too much work to get it right for something you paid good money for.

HA, I'm surprised you're asking him where he got the foam because he told us in his review, Home Depot. I've read your posts and you criticize others four not reading entire novel that you write and obviously you aren't reading entire post either.
I also have been looking at this humidor so I read this very carefully.

Nice review and it looks like you've got a setup you're happy with.

Though I think it's too much work to get it right for something you paid good money for.

Thank you and your exactly right. If your paying over $1000 dollars for something it better be right but I knew how it would go if I called and complained I would need to pay to ship it back and that was out of the question at $250. For the fixes I think it cost me $20 for the gaskets $5 dollars for the screws and $300 to upgrade the humidifier. So its not as bad as you would think since I am handy with tools it was no problem for me to do the work myself.

HA I feel like I am answering the same questions over and over Read Carefully... :D I have answered these questions in the reveiw or in your other posts.

Paul

Paul

It sounds like up to 56 gauge naked no problem right?
Yes depending on the cigar because not every cigar is the same!

I wanted a little more room for boxes as I have another cabinet but not big enough but between the two I will be fine.
:thumbs:

My big concern is the sealing of the humidor drawers as I wanted to use the drawers as a second last face aging stage where I would start smoking them slowly like month at a time.
If nothing has changed with the design of this humidor from when i got mine then TRUST ME you will need to seal every draw AND THE DOORS TO THE CABINET!

I wonder if too much air escaping so close to the cigars might effect them loosing their oils and such,so when I looked how you had to do every drawer I have to ask.

Do you feel the drawers specifically (I do not worry about the lower part at all) are sealed just right and how do the drawers stay tight against the surface if it is not wood but something soft like the sealing stuff.?
??? I am confused at what you are asking. The draws from the factory i just a wood on wood contact point. I added the foam to seal it tight and if you push the draw closed it like CLICKS closed! Use the thinest foam possible!

Where did you get them from if you are really happy with them.
Get what? Foam from home depo!
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100024272/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=Foam

I updated the sealing draws and cabinet section because I forgot about the magnet closers for the cabinet doors and i added links to make it easier to know the products i used so thier is no confusion! :whistling:

Quote from reveiw:
"The seals on all the 10 drawers and bottom doors are not nearly tight enough to handle the constant change in temperature and humidity we face here in New England. I went over to Home Depot and picked up some thin foam weather stripping and lined all the opening contact points around the drawers and cabinet doors. This greatly helped my humidity issues but I was still unable to get the humidity to where it needed to be. Also need to add stronger magnet closers for the 2 cabinet doors now that the gaskets are there the doors dont close tight without them!"

Paul
I got all the answers I needed,thanks a million!

It is clear that your drawers close shut in a positive way with the foam in place.
Got the humidor and see how the drawer click shut but mine has a few drawers that when clicked shut come a little back out and out of line with the rest.
Now that is only aesthetic effect and I care for functional mostly,so looking at this think so far I can not figure out yet what creates the click and hold on the drawers.
Good to know about the magnets.

Man I got to rebuilt this thing.......

My rear wall is also paper thin not like the rest of the unit which seems ok....Quality products needs to take a better look at these to live up to their name.

Everything else I got from these guys was always great.

Paul
I got all the answers I needed,thanks a million!

It is clear that your drawers close shut in a positive way with the foam in place.
Got the humidor and see how the drawer click shut but mine has a few drawers that when clicked shut come a little back out and out of line with the rest.
Now that is only aesthetic effect and I care for functional mostly,so looking at this think so far I can not figure out yet what creates the click and hold on the drawers.
Good to know about the magnets.

Man I got to rebuilt this thing.......

My rear wall is also paper thin not like the rest of the unit which seems ok....Quality products needs to take a better look at these to live up to their name.

Everything else I got from these guys was always great.

The Draws falling out of line are the screws of the slides that are mounted to the inner walls of the unit. They are too small! Also the "CLICK" is the slides if you remove a draw you will see a black plastic piece on the end of the slide that the draw slide end snaps over to hold the draw shut. Yes the back wall is very thin but i did not do anything to it. It still hold humidity very well after all my changes.

I had written them before on the problems but never gotten any info back and have thought about emailing them again!

Also when i first incountered all the problems i contacted Cheaphumidors and they wanted me to pay to ship it back.

HA it is sad to me that QI has made no changes to this product and yours is the same way mine was! I just may change my closing on the reveiw and not recommend this humidor.

Ian i wouldn't pul the trigger yet buddy! :(

You would have thought that someone has had to complain about the issues at hand and they would have addressed them. I was so turned off my paying to ship it back i just fixed it myself.

I am changing my closing on the reveiw based on the fact that two years later and HA is going to have the same issues!

"The Cigar Aging Vault is an ok humidor besides the few things that needed to be fixed (drawer screws, sealing the drawers and doors, maximum ring gauge for the drawers) and to be aware of when making a purchase of this humidor. If you are all about buying boxes than I would say this is not the humidor for you. You would fill the bottom of this humidor up very fast. Now if you are like me and buy a lot of singles, fivers and the occasional box this is a option. I would recommend this humidor if you don't mind making the changes need to get it to function correctly if you really want the slotted drawers. It does look great and has a very new cool concept with the slotted drawers but is it worth the hassel. There are some great custom humidor builders right here on CP that could make you a quality product that will fuction the way it should. I hope this review helps anyone looking to make this purchase and if you pull the trigger knowing the problems I had please let me know how your turns out and if your humidor is any different."

I agree all the way.

Son of a gun looks so good though but I am for function more than anything as looks is only for me to look at.

You got yours working right but the bottom line is it needs lots of work as you did.

I even thought to place insulation at the back wall on the outside, there is room since the back wall is further in than the edge of the box by a lot.
I thought that would help with temps not changing too easy to help minimize RH flexing too much and I am even researching on peltier air coolers but then again like you said for the money you can have the same with out the hassle.......maybe.....the labor here can get very costly.

Who is the other fellow here that has the same with out changes......how much water does he feed it?

What bothers me the most is not sealing right because I asked with the exact concern before purchasing.
Then the surprise about cigar size issue was another I never seen coming or the back wall.
The cigar size is stupid because it should be at least nine inches in length and with ventilating tiny holes through out for even RH

I think I will let it run on a hydra lg with two fans close to top for a few weeks and if it does not come up to par with RH and or need water to amounts indicating too much ventilation I will ask them to take it back or fix it.......
A humidor that ventilates too much or none is no good in my book and it will eat my cigars up.

Thanks again for the info as it speeds things up........hind site priceless....like if I could only known about the beads ahead of time.....live and learn I guess.

I had written them before on the problems but never gotten any info back and have thought about emailing them again!

Also when i first incountered all the problems i contacted Cheaphumidors and they wanted me to pay to ship it back.

HA it is sad to me that QI has made no changes to this product and yours is the same way mine was! I just may change my closing on the reveiw and not recommend this humidor.

PM me and I'll put you in touch with the manufacturer if you like. They stand behind their products.

PM me and I'll put you in touch with the manufacturer if you like. They stand behind their products.

Rod I acctually just emailed them this morning because I was so bent that HA's humidor is the exact same. I know its been 2 years since I bought it and the likely hood of anything happening is slim. But to see another BOTL get the same problem filled unit is sad. A ladie from support department in Florida just called me and basically said sorry!

Rod I acctually just emailed them this morning because I was so bent that HA's humidor is the exact same. I know its been 2 years since I bought it and the likely hood of anything happening is slim. But to see another BOTL get the same problem filled unit is sad. A ladie from support department in Florida just called me and basically said sorry!

I thought they suppose to tell you you are the only one they had a problem with this particular unit.

Now I was funny ,maybe not but was told that and about the hydra LG the came with it that did not even run.

To trouble shoot the unit I am asked to send photos.

When I tried to explain over and over I do not care about looks but only about function they pressed on,photos or nothing plus wait another week to get another Hydra that runs,so I was done and made sure I talked to the supervisor in charge.

She was a great lady to talk to and we communicated great and she made it clear they do stand behind their products.

I never found my cigars more useful than the last few days....these stuff can get to us

I like seeing Rod going out of his way for his members here.....

Lets smoke some more cigars and help the economy.

HA, I'm surprised you're asking him where he got the foam because he told us in his review, Home Depot. I've read your posts and you criticize others four not reading entire novel that you write and obviously you aren't reading entire post either.
I also have been looking at this humidor so I read this very carefully.

Sorry I did not see this earlier.

You are so right I did miss it and you would think I was reading it carefully since I was so interested.
Not fair to the one that works his ass of to write it all down for someone elses benefit.

Thanks