• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar and photography

barney_rebel

Let me know what you think:

Churchill_640.jpg

Hold_your_fire_640.jpg

on the b&w photo, i would try to bump the highlights to bring out the smoke a little more, maybe crop it a little more to emphisize the cigar and not the human. the last photo i would convert to b&w and leave only the flame and the foot of the cigar in color, bumb the mid tones and shadows to bring out more detail, and play with the DOF (use a glausan blur mask) to once again, bring the emphisis on the cigar. if i had photoshop on my work computer, i would mess with it for you. take care...Rob

Rob_k said:
on the b&w photo, i would try to bump the highlights to bring out the smoke a little more, maybe crop it a little more to emphisize the cigar and not the human. the last photo i would convert to b&w and leave only the flame and the foot of the cigar in color, bumb the mid tones and shadows to bring out more detail, and play with the DOF (use a glausan blur mask) to once again, bring the emphisis on the cigar. if i had photoshop on my work computer, i would mess with it for you. take care...Rob
[snapback]213069[/snapback]​

Will do - this is exactly the kind of response I'm looking for.

Not: "Hold the cigar further away from the flame, you idiot :D"

Well now that you mention it..... :laugh:

barney_rebel said:

[snapback]213072[/snapback]​

I am damn good at smoking cigars, but I suck at photography. That said, they look awesome to me. Nice work. :thumbs:

AVB said:
Well now that you mention it..... :laugh:

barney_rebel said:

[snapback]213072[/snapback]​
[snapback]213111[/snapback]​

Man... after about 6 or 7 beers that night... it was near impossible to even light the thing :D

This was my 15 year high school reunion. I impressed the hell out of my grade 10 biology teacher. He expected me to have some cheap cigar (no him failing me that year did make the world end for me :D)

very nice! I especially like the second one. I'm a decent photographer but suck at PS. Nice job!

:D :D nice pic I have done some b nad W but I really suck still playing around with it. Mainly for watresports. :D :D

Anyone ever tell you that you look like Jet Li? Not so much in the first or third pic, but that second one.

Nice photos by the way. I'm no one to critique, so GOOD JOB! :thumbs:

Pyre said:
Anyone ever tell you that you look like Jet Li? Not so much in the first or third pic, but that second one.

[snapback]229131[/snapback]​

Sigh - second time I've heard it today. I get that a lot.

Bruce Lee is cooler.

barney_rebel said:
Pyre said:

Bruce Lee is cooler.
[snapback]229133[/snapback]​
ya, but bruce lee is dead... ;)

barney_rebel said:
Pyre said:

Bruce Lee is cooler.
[snapback]229133[/snapback]​

I only get compared to "The guy from the tv show where he runs a law office out of a bowling alley", so take what you can get. Very nice pics by they way, I'm a big black and white fan.