• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Band Table Project:

How do you have time for this project? Shouldn't you be laid up on the couch.....

:laugh:

How many cigars do you usually smoke at once?

That's a very good question, and I feel it should be re-addressed.

After a lengthy conversation with Brent, involving many small words so that I can fully comprehend Bruce's comment, it has come to my attention that this question arose from the number of cigars seen on the ashtray in the first picture... Being the swanky entertainer I am, I had Stoggie13, myself, and my brother in law's cigars on the ashtray at the time of the photo.

So who was drinking the can of varnish?

I know you want the table full of cigar labels but if you don't end up with enough cigar bands you should try some beer labels too.

You really should have the center band be a grape white owl band, it's only right.

That aside, awesome project! That's gonna be a super sweet table when it's all finished. Reminds me of an ash tray my shop owner was telling me about, back in the day guys would take clear glass ash trays and put bands on the bottom, then cover the bottom with felt, so you could see the bands through the tray. Cool stuff.

What??? No Hello Kitty bandaids in this masterpiece??? ???

I've got a few bands lying around - shoot me your address and I'll box 'em up!!! :thumbs:

Edited to add: You oughta think about putting down that two-part Clear Epoxy Coating - especially if you plan on leaving that table exposed to the outside moisture. As a plus - it evens out the surface nicely so you don't have to put a bunch of spray coatings down. The downside is you have to create a frame to contain the epoxy when you pour it so that it does not spill off. Melamine board works very well (and it's cheap) - just make sure you seal the cracks with silicone sealer.

I've been saving bands since ive started smoking for that exact reason. I love the opus x in the X shape though. That will def. set that table off nicely. I can't wait to save up enough to start my project.

Thanks Sneeds and George for the bands you guys sent!

Thank you Mr. Delaney and George for the packages, Brent I've begun putting your bands on the other side of the table now. I would take a picture, but my camera's out of juice and I can't figure out where i packed the batteries!

On another note, Opus bands are still needed. I know theyre harder to come by, but any help is appreciated! Thank you George, I saw quite a few in your stash you sent!

Thank you Mr. Delaney and George for the packages, Brent I've begun putting your bands on the other side of the table now. I would take a picture, but my camera's out of juice and I can't figure out where i packed the batteries!

On another note, Opus bands are still needed. I know theyre harder to come by, but any help is appreciated! Thank you George, I saw quite a few in your stash you sent!

Opus bands for you. They are coming with me to Cali. I will hand them to you on or before the 11th. We are up to at least 25 and counting.

Sweet, my own spot at the table. I guess someday when it's done I'll have to come out there and see it.

DSCF0136.jpg

Need I say more? These are just part of the Cigar Band Contest I had. :D

DSCF0135.jpg

Glad to see you got 'em, Jonathon - have fun!!!

I had more, but used them on a small project myself.

Ken

Ken

I heard about that one, linky? Pwetty pwease? :sign:

Ken

I heard about that one, linky? Pwetty pwease? :sign:

Actually, I don't have any pictures and I gave it away. It was a small table made of pecky cypress with cigar labels (not nearly as many as you are using) glued down with polyurethane and then covered with epoxy.

Ken

Here's a nice update on the table so far. I'm realizing there's a ton of history going into this table, as each band was smoked for someone lost, a happy event in someone's life, or in celebration of camaraderie. It's definitely an awesome experience, and I'm halfway there now.

05032009_3.jpg

05032009_2.jpg

05032009_1.jpg

This is taking longer than I thought though...! :laugh: