• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Bands

Thumper9

Here's to a little discussion of cigar bands to pass some time. What ones do you like? I haven't had an ISOM in 20 years, so let's stick to non-ISOM's. Dig up some older brands too.

Modern

CAO Brazilia
La Aroma de Cuba
Indian Tabac
La Gloria Cubana

Traditional

Montecristo
Partagas

I quite like the Gurkha Legend bands.
Padron Serie 1926 bands are nice and classy.

Padron Fumas have a super cool old school band...26's are very classy.... And who can deny the majesty of the Diamond Crown Maximus band? It's the diggity!

Velvet-like bands on Oliva "O" Bold
Carlos Torano Exodus 1959
Padron 1926
Opus X
DC Maximus

CAO bands are pretty tight.
The Perdomo La Tradicion bands
Gotta love the Punch Champion bands

I like the NC Partagas Black bands. The double bands like the 1916 Cameroon from Torano and the Double Ligero from La Flor D are cool, albeit double the pain to remove when you are driving a 5-speed in rush hour traffic.

Litto Gomez Diez
Forbidden X
El Rey del Mundo

La Vieja Habana by Drew Estates has a colorful, interesting band - very "collectable"

Also, check out the La Aroma de Cuba bands -very nice artwork.

Opus X
CAO MX2
Agree on the Double Ligero LFDs
La Aurora Preferidos

I like nearly any band where they take the trouble to emboss the image. The Bahia bands are butt ugly, Perdomo's are garish.'

LAdC I think are really well done. Hate foil and flat, high gloss metallics.

My pet peeve is bands that are wrapped too tight to slip off and/or (redundant, btw, '/' equals 'and or') glued so firmly you can't get an edge loose or where the glue is excessive and takes wrapper with it. :angry: :angry:

The MX2 I had today, although ugly (both smoke and band) was very nice in that it easily separated and came off. "Beauty is only skin deep" however; very nice smoke! :thumbs:

I like the bands on the CuestaRey Centenario, the higher end Gurka, and the CAO Italia and Brazilias, all very cool. Also, the Ashtons, Opus X of course are very regal looking. :thumbs:

Cool thread by the way,
JV

Im partial to the gurkha legend bands as well as the opus x bands. One of my other favorites is the la vieja bands, very modern and colorful.

Kento said:
The double bands like the 1916 Cameroon from Torano and the Double Ligero from La Flor D are cool
agreed.
on the other end of the spectrum-of-cool for double-banded smokes, the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990/1992 bands have to be some of the most unimaginative, piss-poorly designed wastes-of-ink-and-paper to grace rolled leaf.

I like simplicity just fine, but they get an "F" for effort on those ones. ;)

Are Oliva's the only cloth banded cigars remaining?

A lot of great mentions here. I overlooked the Ghurka, and old favorites like the Partagas, Punch, Avo and Upmann bands. LVH are neat. Sancha Panzo Double Maduro two piece bands.

I don't like the new 5 Vegas Gold - way too much for me. Same for Graycliff. Can't afford anyway!

I also never realized that cigar art was so collectible and valuable as I have learned from reading "Cigar Magazine".

Anyone for some old lines or earlier cigar band art?

:thumbs:

Lito Gomez Diez
CAO Italia
La Gloria Havana Series R
For simplicty and style Davidoff