• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Bands

Furthering the above comment on the Rocky Patel Vintage bands being unimaginative, I have to say the the entire staple of the Indian Tabac lines are band and name challenged. In an industry where names can have such majesty and history, Indian Tabac calls their cigars Vintage, Corojo, Maduro, Diesel (blech, like I want to smoke a poorly refined petroleum product), Fire, Sun Grown, etc. The bands are always cheap, unembossed paper, and their BEST bands are the ones where they just pick a color and print it (like the Vintage). The worst are where they decide to get artsy (like Fire), because their choice of art usually looks like something you'd see on the front license plate of a 1979 Camaro driving through Panama City Beach.

But I love the cigars! They just really need a better branding strategy. Or maybe they don't, because as long as they keep naming their cigars Diesel I can pick them up for cheap!

KevPriest

On second thought, my favorite bands are the ones I have to handwrite and stick onto the mystery-cigars that arrive at my house bandless, boxless and naked. :whistling: