• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pricing - Where to go to before purchasing?

The Inspector

So as a newbie cigar smoker.....what's the best way to verify prices you should expect to pay from stores & online for various premium cigars? Any publications or just do your homework through on-line searching?

Well, you can find most Fuente, Padron, and Tatuaje MSRPs pinned up top in the Cigar Discussion area.

As for others, I mainly do a lot of online searching. You may not find "MSRP", but you can at least get an idea of what everyone else is charging. And when it comes down to it, that's really what matters.

There are some good online vendors out there that come really close to MSRP, PM inbound.

Well, you can find most Fuente, Padron, and Tatuaje MSRPs pinned up top in the Cigar Discussion area.

As for others, I mainly do a lot of online searching. You may not find "MSRP", but you can at least get an idea of what everyone else is charging. And when it comes down to it, that's really what matters.

There are some good online vendors out there that come really close to MSRP, PM inbound.

check out atlanticcigar.com they are usually the cheapest across the board.... you just have to call for certain brands.

steve

thanks all - looks like a good start point................brickhouse's avatar is freakish....but for some reason i can't stop looking at it

You might try the reviews at www.top25cigar.com , too.

Each review has a summary that includes the average price the reviewers
paid for that particular vitola.

The cigarcyclopedia.com list is the best overall resource, but takes a while
to download, if you're on a dial-up connection. (Worth the wait every few
months, IMHO)

Chemyst :cool:

So as a newbie cigar smoker.....what's the best way to verify prices you should expect to pay from stores & online for various premium cigars? Any publications or just do your homework through on-line searching?

There's really no better way than google and dogged determination. ;)

Oh, and posting here, of course! :D

Never ever look at MSRP to figure out what you should pay, unless as a percentage of that price.

Even the most expensive online and catalog sellers do not charge SRP.

Never ever look at MSRP to figure out what you should pay, unless as a percentage of that price.

That's the biggest bunch of BS I've seen here in a while, other than your post calling me out because I wasn't happy with Cheaphumidors.com.

Let's see some examples to back up that crap you posted. Moron.

That's the biggest bunch of BS I've seen here in a while, other than your post calling me out because I wasn't happy with Cheaphumidors.com.

Let's see some examples to back up that crap you posted. Moron.

Yeah, I'm not agreeing with that one.

Are you saying that where you are, you pay less than MSRP for all cigars? I just can't make heads or tails of that statement. Maybe some clarification is in order.

Back