• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Register software

It's pretty sad that you would release a piece of software that obviously has not been fully tested. This actually destroys credibility and generally turns people off. The errors are happening on simple clicking of buttons. I as a programmer find it hard to believe that the system was unit tested by the programmer - sad, sad. Just rush it out the door to hit a deadline.

Sounds like another software company we all know:)

It's free. I only complain about buggy software that I have to pay for.

It's pretty sad that you would release a piece of software that obviously has not been fully tested. This actually destroys credibility and generally turns people off. The errors are happening on simple clicking of buttons. I as a programmer find it hard to believe that the system was unit tested by the programmer - sad, sad. Just rush it out the door to hit a deadline.

Sounds like another software company we all know:)

It's free. I only complain about buggy software that I have to pay for.

Yep, you'll just have to get your money back. :sign:

Peter, this app appears to be quite young and needs some database work on insert and update record. With a bit of error handling work, this one has great promise. I can't help that much with .NET, but I'd be glad to help you beta this on a US install.

Hope to see this resolved, as it looks like a promising piece of software. :D

It will be resolved, I can promise that.

I just spent about 30 mins playing around with this program after switching WinXP to Hungarian. This is an awesome piece of software while working.

Any word on the update so we can use it in the US?

Guess I'll have to tryt his out once it's working on US systems... would be nice to know what I have, instead of opening a box and thinging to myself- wow... when'd I get THAT? Just did that today... :laugh:

Thanks for the support guys and thanks for waiting - we have finished the "USA patch" which will upgrade your Cigar Register installations to 1.1.

homepage-3.jpg

You can get it from the website immediately! Don't worry, the download size is 324 KB this time, and you don't even have to log in to get it. :)

About the update:
If you're experiencing crashes when you click on My Cigars after starting the program then our new 1.1 upgrade will help. This problem mainly occurs on computers where Windows is set to use Unites States global standards.
The setup will replace the main files of your Cigar Register 1.0 installation to update it to version 1.1. In order to use this setup you must have Cigar Register 1.0 installed.

Well, why are you still reading?? :)

Downloaded and installed the patch. I can duplicate one more instance of a data call error - when you try to burn a cigar from an empty source. However, I like this app enough to install at home and inventory my smokes. Its easy enough to use that I may actually, well, use it.

I do have a problem with the inventory failing to refresh. For example, if I add a box of "A" cigars, my overall inventory does not refresh. Likewise, if I start with 20 "A" cigars in my humi or total inventory, then burn one, my inventory does not decriment by one. I have to exit the app, the rerun for it to refresh. Am I doing something wrong?

Problem
I downloaded patch but when i tried to open it, the program asked for a program to open it with cause it is not an exe file. In other word how do you installed the patch??????

Sorry, it's my fault with the web-site. Rename the file to "CigarRegister11StandaloneUpdate.exe" and run it!

Patch is working well Peter. This program has all kinds of potential, loving it so far.

I'm sure there'll be more bugs along the way, but this is the best format I've seen thus far. Cheers.

Adding my inventory - took all night last night was an interesting introspective. If I can maintain discipline, I'll be able to shop more intelligently.

Working just swell for me now. Thanks a lot for this. This software is much better than any other I've used and I will be using it from now on. It has even replaced my little spreadsheet inventory I've used for over 2 years.

:thumbs:

Very nice. This is a good program. Could i suggest a feature that allows you to add to the DBase of cigars. There are many not included in the Dbase that come with the program ie Gurkhas.

As for those that just have to be an ass toward someone that has spent a lot of time and effort in making this program for us for free. Without spyware, adware, viruse's and the selling of your e-mail account. I just want to offer you a cup of Shut the Fuck up. :angry:

Hang around awhile and you'll understand our skepticism. Don't be too quick to judge. I too was once ignorant enough to feel like you do.

Doc.

If it was anyone else Devil Doc i would pour JP4 on them and light their ass up. But if there is one thing i learned in my years is to listen to the ones who has been around.

So with that i take a sip of Shut the Fuck up and take a seat.

It's taken me almost a year to figure out what goes on on these boards. The people I once thought were the biggest assholes are now the ones I have the most respect for. You'll see.

Doc.

Very nice. This is a good program. Could i suggest a feature that allows you to add to the DBase of cigars. There are many not included in the Dbase that come with the program ie Gurkhas.

As for those that just have to be an ass toward someone that has spent a lot of time and effort in making this program for us for free. Without spyware, adware, viruse's and the selling of your e-mail account. I just want to offer you a cup of Shut the Fuck up. :angry:

Very nice indeed! ??? :angry:

Brian

Could i suggest a feature that allows you to add to the DBase of cigars. There are many not included in the Dbase that come with the program ie Gurkhas.

Blackhawk,

you can already add cigars to the cigar database. When you start the program there is a bunch of cigars with a "+" sign on it on the toolbar with the tooltip "Add cigar". It's the first from left, you can check it out on this screenshot.

If you push that button you'll be able to add as many cigars as you want. ;)