• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Reviewing - Take 1

Sometimes the strangest things happen. I would classify myself as a "non-taster", sometimes people in the same room will ask me if I smell "something" and I usually have to deny it (not because "who smelt it is who dealt it") but actually because I can't smell it at all. Then the strangest thing happened the other morning, I went for my morning coffee and on the first sip I was like "WOW! This tastes like my cigar last night!". Oddly enough when I was smoking the cigar I almost couldn't recognize it as coffee tasting.

Damn Wilkey, reading your posts makes me get all confused. I feel like i've taken a dumb pill.

Zeebra said:
Damn Wilkey, reading your posts makes me get all confused. I feel like i've taken a dumb pill.
[snapback]279877[/snapback]​

Could've been worse. An unlubricated dumb suppository would have been much worse.

Ginseng,

You are an intellectual bad-ass!!! You need to read a How-To manual for cigar smoking and tasting. I think that's what your thesis should be... :thumbs:

-Fetter

Very cool. I've read about super-tasters before and even saw a show on the Discovery Channel about them. From the show, I understood that really sensitive tasting ability (usually a super-smell-ability) can be kind of curse. Those folks are very selective about what they eat (most are pretty thin), can't take strong tasting food, don't like perfume or paint smell...in the extreme in can be debilitating...really interferes with normal life. Interesting. They had a short segment about the guy who creates new ice cream flavors for Ben & Jerry's. Over Christmas we visited the Ben & Jerry's factory in Vermont and I saw the "kitchen" where he works.

I would add one thing to your list Wilkey. After you experience it and before you use it, you have to REMEMBER it. When I was growing up my sister would always ask the family, "Hey remember this smell? It smells like that rug Grandma has in her spare bedroom upstairs."...I was always like "WTF? Grandma has an upstairs?".

Still, I do enjoy reading the reviews....and your posts.

Thanks for the topper Wilkey, I need to print all this out and study, hehe. Great info.