• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Smell - Why is one so bad?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I received a few cigars awhile ago, and noticed one of them smelled REALLY bad. I really don't know how to explain it. It did not smell like manuer, rather, it smelled like old rotting meat. A very bitter/pungent smell. It's an ISOM. I've never smelled tobacco like this before. It's a very unappealing smell. The cigar is called "Cuaba". Is this typical with Cuaba's? Any info is appreciated!

Rod said:
I received a few cigars awhile ago, and noticed one of them smelled REALLY bad. I really don't know how to explain it. It did not smell like manuer, rather, it smelled like old rotting meat. A very bitter/pungent smell. It's an ISOM. I've never smelled tobacco like this before. It's a very unappealing smell. The cigar is called "Cuaba". Is this typical with Cuaba's? Any info is appreciated!
[snapback]260259[/snapback]​

I have a Cuaba Solomones and it smells great...you got a REAL "dog rocket" from Cuba.

-Fetter

I've smelled it before to. My guess is just that it's differnet tobacco. smells like burning grass or something.

That's probably the one ggiese sent you, that he stored up his a$$ for a few days.

KayakinBoy said:
I've smelled me before to.
[snapback]260304[/snapback]​

Remind me never to stand too close to you. :D

Matt R said:
KayakinBoy said:
I've smelled me before to.
[snapback]260304[/snapback]​

Remind me never to stand too close to you. :D
[snapback]260319[/snapback]​

post edited... damn farts are killer! :sign: :laugh:

I've only had one Cuaba, and it was one of the worst cigars I ever had. I figured I had a bad one.

What size is it Rippy?

There are 4. But the traditionales is disco'd.

I myself like this brand. It's not a hammer down kind of smoke. But rather a easy middle of the road... not to complicated type.

Quite frankly, some of the Cuabas really suck! I had one that made me gag due to the raunchy rotten flavor.
puke.gif

some aged cigars I've received have a weird almost "wet-rag" smell to them.

I wonder if these bad-smelling cigars were just kept in a too moist environment for too long a period...and maybe in a container where there was bacteria build-up.

my girlfriend used to love the smell of my humidor before i started keeping a larger percentage of ISOMs in it. now, she thinks it smells pretty bad