• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Tracking in the Cloud

rvhguy

So I have an iPad, an iPhone and a laptop (shocker, a Mac.) I want to find some web solution for tracking my collection - a spreadsheet is fine, but Google Docs works poorly on iOS devices.

Does anyone have any ideas?

RVH

Cigar smoking meets cloud computing?? Maybe a few of us should get together and work on a universal mobile app for cigar enthusiasts.

Er...seems there are a few apps out there already like Mobile Stogie for iPod/iTouch:

http://www.mobilestogie.com/

Seems fairly functional but I'm a BB guy and don't have an iPhone to check it out.

Don't know how good this is - but I hear "the doc" talk about it on his podcast. Here is the link.

John

You have several choices. You could construct a spreadsheet, with Open Office being totally free, or, Mac has a file manage that is really kind of fun and does not need lots of genius, it is called Bento (about $49). Have you checked the Apps store?

personally, if it were me, I would use a spreadsheet.

If I can help you, give me a shout.

Ed

I think he's looking for a "cloud" solution meaning something he can access over an Internet connection and not just something he's going to store locally to a device such as an OpenOffice spreadsheet. There seems to be a few iPhone apps out there, I'm just not sure if any of them are any good.

Cigar smoking meets cloud computing?? Maybe a few of us should get together and work on a universal mobile app for cigar enthusiasts.

Er...seems there are a few apps out there already like Mobile Stogie for iPod/iTouch:

http://www.mobilestogie.com/

Seems fairly functional but I'm a BB guy and don't have an iPhone to check it out.

I use Mobile Stogie religiously to keep track of my inventory. It’s a pretty robust application although it lacks the ability to include photos. I have an inventory that is constantly in flux (roughly 3,000 sticks), and I would be LOST without this app.

If you want a moderately more sophisticated solution than a simple spreadsheet, I'd recommend a SQL database hosted somewhere and program a simple website to allow you to log in and view/add/modify the database. Make the website mobile-device friendly and just put an icon on your home screen to take you there on your iPod/iPad. I've poked around with the idea already but haven't had the motivation to spend the time to really get it up and running. If you'd like, I could touch it up a bit and show you what I mean to see if that's what you had in mind.

Of course, you could also just get and Android-powered phone and let me write you an app to do the same thing. =]

check this out dont know if it will help ??? http://www.stogiefresh.com/stogie_rate4.htm

Almost every cigar I smoke, I take a picture of. Once I've taken a picture, it gets uploaded to my Facebook account. That's how I keep track of not only what I smoke, but also have some pix of my collection.

This seems to work for me!

Jeffrey L.