• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarBid [DANGER]

WayneSMT

No kidding,

Gonz said:
Gregor's sticks are on their way to my place. It didn't seem like an option to have CB mail to a third party, and I ended up getting some smokes for myself that seemed like a good deal!

Hey other newbies, watch out for cigarbid, it IS as dangerous as everyone says it is!
[snapback]176221[/snapback]​

Don't get me wrong, I love CBid, get most of my sticks from there, but you have to be careful.

On my first visit, The deals were just so wonderful. Had open bids on about 24 lots. Figured I would probably only get about 6 maybe 7. I checked out the prices and made my ceiling bid about half or a little more of retail. Figured for sure I would get outbid on the majority of the lots. Made a promise to myself that if I was outbid, then that would be that. I sat back and watched. Before 11 p.m. that night 11 lots had closed and I was the winner on all 11. Did some quickmath and realized that I was into CBid for about $390. I started to pray that I would lose the rest of my bids, but no. The fun had just started. By the next night I had won 18 lots and my tab was a little over $540 and it was only Tuesday. I started this Monday afternoon and Wednesday was up next. Wednesday night the last lots closed. I had won all 24 lots, and these weren't fivers these were boxes. LGC Serie 6, Punch Rare Corojo, Partagas, AF, Perdomo, to name just a few. All said and done my total before shipping was $719.00. I saved some money on shipping since I chose to consolidate my shipments into one. It is easy to get really carried away on CBid. But on the plus side I have some really nice sticks that are gracefully aging in my humidors.

My wife would be collecting my life insurance if I dropped $700+ on cigars in a week. :blush:

Wow, I would have been shocked to see those numbers adding up, but happy as **** when the package arrived!

JK

weekly budget man, live it, love it, do it! :laugh:

AVB said:
My wife would be collecting my life insurance if I dropped $700+ on cigars in a week. :blush:
[snapback]176236[/snapback]​

I don't know if there would be enough left of my corpse to identify! :0 :laugh:

<All said and done my total before shipping was $719.00>
Holy Mackerel !!! Yikes ... :p

Wayne, Wayne, WAYNE, you gotta buy some SNOBBY cigars :laugh:

Actually, you probably smoke more cigars per day than anyone here I know so I'll just STFU now :D If one were to smoke Padrons, Opus, Davidoffs, etc. at the rate you do (3 to 5 cigars a day), it would be more expensive than a herion or cocaine habit :D

So long as you got good deals and you're happy then that's all that matters ;) :thumbs: who cares what the wifey sez....

coventrycat86 said:
So long as you got good deals and you're happy then that's all that matters ;) :thumbs: who cares what the wifey sez....
[snapback]176400[/snapback]​

YEAH - What CC Says!!! To hell with the wifey!!! That BIT...

What's that honey? Nothing, I swear... I'm just chatting with CC and... No, I wasn't bad mouthing you, honeybuns... No, I swear - we're not talking about buying cigars on CBid... Yeah - I know I promised you I wouldn't spend money there... No, I swear... Baby, put the fry pan down - NO, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE THE FRY PAN - HONEY, I SWEAR... <BBBBBOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG>

OUCH - that's gonna leave a mark...

I gotta go...

ggiese said:
coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]176400[/snapback]​

YEAH - What CC Says!!! To hell with the wifey!!! That BIT...

What's that honey? Nothing, I swear... I'm just chatting with CC and... No, I wasn't bad mouthing you, honeybuns... No, I swear - we're not talking about buying cigars on CBid... Yeah - I know I promised you I wouldn't spend money there... No, I swear... Baby, put the fry pan down - NO, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE THE FRY PAN - HONEY, I SWEAR... <BBBBBOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG>

OUCH - that's gonna leave a mark...

I gotta go...
[snapback]176412[/snapback]​

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: