• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigarbid

dataz722

I really need to stay away from cbid. I seem to just keep nickle and diming myself and next thing I know I spent $100. :whistling: I just woke up this morning and checked my email to find an invoice for $86.50. That can't be..... ok, well maybe it can be. :rolleyes:

I guess I can always just use my wife's excuse of "But honey it was a really good price." :D

I'm glad they ship only to USA addresses.
Its really addictive site and you can realize you are spending much more than you planned.

And I have it set up for weekly shipping and I won something last week so I just haaaad to get more stuff so I could save on shipping.

I'm in the same boat as dataz722. Grrrr... stoopid cigarbid making me spend all my moneys. xD

Yeah, I swore to myself earlier that I wouldn't be on there anymore for a while.

Well I just spent the half hour looking and found more stuff I want. I need to just block it on my browser. :(

What stops me from buying more stuff is I'm literally out of room in my humidors. Even at my current smoke rate of one or so per day, by the time stuff will get to me in about 10 days, I wouldn't have much room.

What stops me from buying more stuff is I'm literally out of room in my humidors. Even at my current smoke rate of one or so per day, by the time stuff will get to me in about 10 days, I wouldn't have much room.

Sounds like you need a bigger humidor or coolidor...

Thats why we always tell new smokers it's much easier to just go on and get a cabinet or big ol' cooler when they start their cigar obsession...er...hobby.
laugh.gif

As for C-bid, I've been smoking for almost 4 years and have managed not to buy anything from there...yet. Honestly, Im scared of getting hooked! I've known folks who have blown their whole paychecks on that site. I torture myself myself by browsing the site every so often and have to resist on the incredibly tempting deals.

haha. I think this happens to many new smokers, especially in the first few months when you get into cigar and get really excited.

To me, it's almost an essential step/training one has to get through :laugh:

But it is an expensive training to me and I still have more than 80% of the smokes I won from cbid sitting at the bottom of my coolidor which I will never smoke.

i understand just how you feel. The UPS guy knows me by my first name. And i have Cigar Bid on my Bank Bill Pay account. :p

Thats why we always tell new smokers it's much easier to just go on and get a cabinet or big ol' cooler when they start their cigar obsession...er...hobby.
laugh.gif

As for C-bid, I've been smoking for almost 4 years and have managed not to buy anything from there...yet. Honestly, Im scared of getting hooked! I've known folks who have blown their whole paychecks on that site. I torture myself myself by browsing the site every so often and have to resist on the incredibly tempting deals.

Didn't we just have this discussion, Yesi? hahaha BTW congrats on 100 posts! :thumbs:

I've bought a lot of stuff there in the last 5 years or so. I honestly can't remember when I won my last bid or what it was for. My best guess is a least 6-8 months. For now I'm concentrating my money and storage space on product you just can't get there. Once I smoke down some of my stash I'm sure I'll be back for more.

Dammit!!! I forgot I still had an active auction that I was bidding on. I just got an email saying I won. Now I just have to get more stuff so I don't waste discounted shipping, right? :p

laugh.gif

Yesi- the kids in the same boat as I am...we are deployed right now in Iraq so we have to keep the footprint a bit smaller than we would at home
unsure.gif
I have both my deployed Pelican cases full now thanks to the kid sending up some of J Fields bomb...but that will thin out tomorrow when I give them out at our little HERF tomorrow to the young troops.

And C- Bid is addictive and you need to know what the prices are on CI when you go in there or you can really over pay.

Cheers,

R

I'm convinced that the product coming from cbid is subpar compared to what you can get from vendors here on the forum (or standard non auction purchases). Bad storage or seconds wrapped up in normal packaging... I don't know. It could be just perception, but I have purchased quite a few boxes and packs from there that just didn't taste right -- even after sitting for months.

Of course, I have bought a couple samplers in the past few months that were just too well priced to pass up. But my expectations have been low on the quality. Just my opinion on the devil site.

We are headed to the beach for a week in July and I needed some cheap sticks to hand out to all those who want a cigar, but are not true lovers of the leaf. Cigar Bid fit the bill. I picked up a sampler pack of 30 cheap cigars for $30.00. You have to be carefull bidding on Cigar Bid. I have seen alot of the cigars sell for higher prices than at the local B&M.

We are headed to the beach for a week in July and I needed some cheap sticks to hand out to all those who want a cigar, but are not true lovers of the leaf. Cigar Bid fit the bill. I picked up a sampler pack of 30 cheap cigars for $30.00. You have to be carefull bidding on Cigar Bid. I have seen alot of the cigars sell for higher prices than at the local B&M.

It's like auctions...sometimes bidders don't know the true value of what they are purchasing, and other times bidders just get caught up in the euphoria of bidding. Happens on eBay all the time as well.

It's like auctions...sometimes bidders don't know the true value of what they are purchasing, and other times bidders just get caught up in the euphoria of bidding. Happens on eBay all the time as well.

Yep, I've seen used stuff on eBay sell for more than they could've bought it new in the store, and they still had to pay the shipping on top of that.

Happens at live auctions all the time, too.

I'm convinced that the product coming from cbid is subpar compared to what you can get from vendors here on the forum (or standard non auction purchases). Bad storage or seconds wrapped up in normal packaging... I don't know. It could be just perception, but I have purchased quite a few boxes and packs from there that just didn't taste right -- even after sitting for months.

Of course, I have bought a couple samplers in the past few months that were just too well priced to pass up. But my expectations have been low on the quality. Just my opinion on the devil site.

Now this is a accurate title for that nasty site. Now excuse me i think my last 4 bids won :p