• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarFest III

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP
Hello all,

Rumor has it that CIGARFEST III is scheduled for the weekend of the 5th, 6th, & 7th of May, 2006. At a place called the Split Rock Resort, at One Lake Drive, Lake Harmony PA 18624.

I called the resort, spoke with a lady named Loretta, and she knew immediately what I was asking about and pulled the contract info.

Looks like the contract includes stand-a-lone cottages and or rooms in the lodge, either is $98@night, including taxes and gratuities.

The CigarFest website hasn't been updated yet, so no details yet on the tickets to the actual event.

Keep us updated Tim as you hear more. When you say stand alone cottage, is that $98 a person or is the the entire price cause I have a sleeping bag with cot that will take up hardly any room at all........ :D :thumbs: :p

stogieman said:
Keep us updated Tim as you hear more. When you say stand alone cottage, is that $98 a person or is the the entire price cause I have a sleeping bag with cot that will take up hardly any room at all........ :D :thumbs: :p
[snapback]285210[/snapback]​

Will try to keep folks updated.
The cottage is a stand-a-lone unit, as far as I know, with a mini-kitchen etc. I didn't book one, I went with the standard room in the lodge.
Hope to see you there! :)

CigarFest III UPDATE:

According to John at Cigars International; the tickets for this event (on the 6th of May 2006) will go on sale this Friday the 10th of February at 1030 hours EST.

The tickets can be purchased with a credit card, by calling: (610)419-2076.

Price of the tickets is $75.00 each. (same as last year)

Tickets can be mailed or picked up.

The actual tickets will not ship till April.

Last year ticket sales were sold out at a reported 1500 tickets.

Here is a write up of last years event from SMOKE magazine.

Just a little info past on to me from someone who attended last years event. (Which I did not)

Reportedly attendees last year received:
  • about 35 cigars
  • four hours of live entertainment
  • a pig roast dinner
  • eight microbrew samples
  • four samples of liquor
  • plus other misc freebies & samples.
Many cigar-makers and owners were there, including:
  • Ernesto Perez-Carillo
  • Nick Perdomo
  • Jon Drew
  • Rocky Patel
  • Kaizad Hansotia
  • Aylin Ozgener
  • Nestor Plasencia
  • Felipe Gregorio
  • Christian Eiroa and more.
And also important, they promise to have solved the bottleneck caused last year by the positioning :whistling: of the Playboy Playmate.

I made my reservations for Friday and Saturday nights. :D

AWWW CRAP!!! It's so darn far away. :(

But I'm looking forward to the warmer weather. WOO HOO!!! :thumbs:

I called the 888-244-2790 number at CI this morning and bought my tickets. The tickets will not be mailed till the 1st of April. The CIGARFEST website has been up-dated. And you can order tickets from a link on the site. Reportedly the Lodge building at the resort is already sold out. So... if you are thinking you want to attend, I wouldn't wait.

Tickets have been ordered and the hotel has been booked!

And so begins the anticipation... :D

I had a great time at this last year and will definitley be attending again..... Hope to meet some guys from here this time (was a newbie last year)

Damn, I even made it on there website........

Wonder ifn' you'll be allowed to smoke everywhere at the lodge?

For those who have been:
1500 is a lot of people. Does it play out as a cattle call event?

Dog, we could ride together :D :whistling: :D

melski said:
Wonder ifn' you'll be allowed to smoke everywhere at the lodge?

For those who have been:
1500 is a lot of people. Does it play out as a cattle call event?

Dog, we could ride together :D :whistling: :D
[snapback]287630[/snapback]​

We can certainly discuss it. Send me an email.

Just got 3 tickets but the resort is filled. They do have a town house for $250 sleeps 6 they say. Hot tub and everything. 2 queen bed rooms and one queen pull out couch. Damn thing will cost more than the tickets. Was hoping to get room on the resort to be able to drink. I don't think we will do this.

Looks like I might be the sober one out of the group. Some one has to drive.

DG

Just to let everyone know my buddies & I will be staying at the Best Western Saturday night only which means I'll be driving back and forth. I can fit 4 more people in the truck. Since I'm driving I'm not drinking. Which would allow 4 more to drink. PM me if you wish to join the group.

DG

As if the cigars, the location and the promise of meeting new BOTLs and SOTLs weren't enough, Stephanie Heinrich is the Playboy Playmate that will be at the 'Fest! I had my photo taken with her at a Don Diego Playboy shoot at the JR's in DC one day.

Of the 3-4 playmates that I've had photos taken with, she was by far the most fun, the most personable and the most attractive. ;)

Word is that after I left JR's (Of course! It couldn't have happened while I was there), later that day she was flashing people as they walked by the store front windows. :thumbs: