• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars for a Group

Seizure

So going on vacation with a bunch of people (20) and renting out a house on the beach for 1 week.

I am planning on bringing a box of 20-25 cigars with me. I need some recommendation for a cigar brand good for groups with mostly novice smokers so basically bang for buck cigars and those with nice presentations (shiny wrapper, glass tubing etc.). Makes them feel they are smoking something grand and something I can also enjoy.

I toyed with the idea of purchasing a box of Glass Tubed Cigars since I have to take into account I won't have a humidor on hand for the week so I don't want anything drying out. The glass tubes can help with that, plus it gives the cigar a nice presentation.

Or, I can purchase a box of cigars whose box itself makes a nice seal, I was thinking Montecristo Whites, but then again it's a waste of money as they might not appreciate it and I can see some of them smoking it half way and throwing it out. (blasphemy i know)

So what I need some help on is Cigar Brand Recommendation, preferably in sealed tubes, or sealed cigar box. I'm thinking $50-$60 should be the right budget

I think my worst case scenario, I just buy a bundle of Consuegras #9 or #733's if JR has them. Throw them all in a tupperware box and call it a day.

There is always Padron 2000's. Maybe it's time to invest in a cigar caddy? hmmm? :whistling:

Go spend $100 at C-bid. Chances are there's even an auction for a sampler that comes with a cigar caddy. Or you could probably pick-up a cigar-caddy at the same time. You'd be surprised how much a silly thing like a cigar caddy impresses the non-smokers, and makes them enjoy their cigars even more because with that kind of equipment you must know your shit and have gotten great cigars. Not saying to buy crappy cigars and claim they're good, but perception is huge with the non regular smokers.

Another one to possibly look at is the Oliva G. Right around three bucks a stick and a fairly solid smoke. I would say the natural is a light bodied smoke.

Cornucopia Sampler $75.00
Includes 24 cigars:

4 CAO Brazilia Gol
4 Cabaiguan Guapos Jr.
4 La Aroma De Cuba Monarch
4 La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero 600
4 Old Henry Robusto
4 Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Toro

CAO Monster Deal $60.00
Includes 20 Cigars:

5 CAO Brazilia Gol
5 CAO Criollo Pato
5 CAO Gold Robusto
5 CAO MX2 Robusto Qty:

Fat Boy Supreme Sampler $75.00
Includes 20 cigars:

4 CAO Brazilia Gol
4 Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Sixty
4 Old Henry Champion
4 Padron #5000 Maduro
4 Babalu Tropicana

So going on vacation with a bunch of people (20) and renting out a house on the beach for 1 week.

I am planning on bringing a box of 20-25 cigars with me. I need some recommendation for a cigar brand good for groups with mostly novice smokers so basically bang for buck cigars and those with nice presentations (shiny wrapper, glass tubing etc.). Makes them feel they are smoking something grand and something I can also enjoy.

I was in the same situation as you back in October 2008, for a weekend get-away at a beach house before winter came. I ended up going with some Romeo Y Julieta Clemenceau en Tubos (6x50 size). Costs around $5 for a nicely sized stick. Smooth mild-medium bodied cigar (good for beginners), with flavors of predominantly cedar, cinnamon, pepper, and spice. Not the best cigar you'll ever smoke in your life, but pretty darned good for $5, especially considering the en tubo presentation. Your guests will love it.

Of course, if you're willing to bring a tupperdor, I'd go with a bunch of Padron 2000's and call it a day!

Punch Rare Corojo Crystales.

Under $5 a stick, well-sealed torpedo-shaped tubes, great presentation (big red box with black trays of tubos inside).

Plus it's a terrific cigar. Tastes like a Don Carlos #2 at well under half the price.

~Boar

Rented a beach house a couple of summers ago with my parents, brother's & sister's families. I had brought a few extra sticks along only to arrive and find my father puffing on a pineapple White Owl that my sister had procured at one of the finer gas stations on the way down. After which he still had several options left from the fruit salad assortment for the remainder of the week.

Let it be known that you've got the cigars taken care of.

Cornucopia Sampler $75.00
Includes 24 cigars:

4 CAO Brazilia Gol
4 Cabaiguan Guapos Jr.
4 La Aroma De Cuba Monarch
4 La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero 600
4 Old Henry Robusto
4 Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Toro

He wants the newbies to enjoy their smokes, not die choking! Although, being a fan of LFD, if a newbie can smoke a Chisel and not pass out then that's a person I want to hang out with!

Punch Rare Corojo Crystales.

Under $5 a stick, well-sealed torpedo-shaped tubes, great presentation (big red box with black trays of tubos inside).

Plus it's a terrific cigar. Tastes like a Don Carlos #2 at well under half the price.

~Boar

My thoughts exactly. Great look, awesome cigar, and the price is right. :thumbs:

Others have put out great suggestions for smokes and Gonz is right about perception to non-regular smokers. I propose another option for storage and carrying whatever you buy, one of the big humi-bags. I think the larger sizes are designed to insert a box. I use these when traveling because I don't have single worry about me messing it up. Just open the bag put sticks in and close, simple enough for me. I also know that at least one online vendor includes a water pillow with the box in sealed bag when shipped. This may be a common practice, but I only have the one experience. This suggestion will work fine, but will not have the impressive factor of the cigar caddy.

Well Seizure, how'd we do? Anything look like it will work for you?

In case this hasn't been beaten to death already - I had a similar situation 2 weeks ago and went with padron 2000s and they were a big hit. I think getting smaller cigars was a good idea so those who were serious about it could grab a second and those just trying to fit in didn't leave 4 inches of unsmoked cigar in the ashtray.
Also, i saw that these were on sale and thought of this thread -
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/search/....cfm/inum/23581

Hope this helps

Well Seizure, how'd we do? Anything look like it will work for you?

A lot of Great Suggestions. I really like those Punch Rare Corojo Crystales in the Tubos. It looks magnificent in the box and the glass torpedo tubes
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/catalog/produ...oogle-_-Regular

I'm leaning more towards the Cigar Caddy idea and just buy a bunch of samplers to throw in there. We are obviously going to enjoy a cigar more than once during the week, so I was thinking the sampler might be best for variety, in case the newbies doesn't like one particular brand he can have a choice of a different one the next time he tries again. Plus the Cigar Caddy will give it that "showmanship, presentation" feel for the newbies in the group.

I don't see any of these caddy's with samplers for sale on Cigarbid though, so I'll have to keep an eye on that. Or does anyone have a link?

Or I can buy a 30 count cigar caddy by itself, and one of you fine FOG's sell me a sampler you seem fit? Win win for everyone?