• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clip,Cut, or Punch?

MauiJim

What is your preference: using scissors, cutters, or a punch??
I prefer a double blade cutter, but have used a punch, haven't tried scissors yet.

Most of the time I use a punch on the bottom of my Calibri lighter......Outside of that I use my Xikar double edge.

I have a pair of scissors but I have yet to use them.

I use cheap double blade cutters. Would like to try a punch ,was told that they "pull" the burn to the center and the wrapper burn uneven, so maybe a lil' hesitant. Saw Oak use scissors at herf, looked a lil more time than blade but great result.
Hey whatever smokes is good for me ! !

Xi is my favorite cutter. I use my SAK on the golf course and a punch on my keychain only if I forgot my Xi :D

I like punches & cutters..I have not used scissors, to much of a pain...I also have a v-cutter I use.

Rnccen

I have been useing a cutter for 13yrs. and i just get a pair of scissors that work great.

For those of us that are newbies. Could someone tell me how the different cuts affect the burn on a cigar?

Bill

I used to punch most of the time but I was having trouble with bad draws and tar build up so now I use a cutter almost always. I will still punch sometimes and if it doesn't work out I just use the cutter and problem solved :D

I punch any that I can, but I do smoke a fair amount of bell and pyramides. For those I use a cheap double bladeI got a JR's.

Cheers,
Dixie

I used to use cheap cutters until I got my Xi. I now own 3 Xikar double bladed cutters. They are east to use and cut very well. Never used scissors or a punch.
Bryan :thumbs:

I gave away my trusty cheapo double blade cutter, so I am down to a punch which I like alot. Hard with a torpedo, though!!! Definitely a punch, unless difficult draw and then I will reach for the soon to be mine Xi cutter!!!!

I normaly use a 2 bladed cutter and occaisionally use a punch. I tried an Xi a couple of weeks ago and hope to get one of those soon. Do not like scissors. What is an SAK?

SAK = Swiss Army Knife

Punch but I use scissors or a guillotine on any torpedo/pointed ended cigar.
Would like to try a punch ,was told that they "pull" the burn to the center and the wrapper burn uneven, so maybe a lil' hesitant.
Another urban legend. I wonder who dreams up stuff like this? Lemme tall ya Beef, I've smoked thousands of punched cigars and this is just plain not true. Punches are cheap and I have one on every key ring for all of my cars.
For those of us that are newbies. Could someone tell me how the different cuts affect the burn on a cigar?
It doesn't matter.

Yep, punching is just fine. I use both a bullet punch and guillotine, depending on whatever is closest or whatever mood I'm in. Occassionaly, I'll opt for the beauty of scissors. But this is just really a matter of taste...much like trying to determine the purpose of a bed...to lie or to lay?? :sign:

ummm, how about my teeth?
[has been done before and been okay]

my faves. have to be the plastic double-blade ones for about $6 or so, works great everytime.

have used punch's before and they worked great too, just a smaller [slightly] hole to get smoke from. On the plus side the head still keeps it's nice shape.

My advice, try them all.
Nothing has ever been lost by trying a new cutter out, experimentation is the spice of life.
:thumbs:

I bought a Xicar last week and I have really liked the results. I also like punches a lot too, but since I have been smokeing Torps for the most part lately the Xicar is much easier than trying to punch. The Xicar does just a bit better than the $6 - $10 black plastic double bladed U cutters but unlike lighters I don't see myself finding a way to break the Xicar, so I was willing to buy a fancy one. Now as long as I don't lose the damned thing :D

Matt