• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Closing the Gamelover thread?

You might know him as mikescigars over at CF. I can't remember if you were around for that or not.

na

NA

I vaguely remember some posts about mikecigars over at CF, but I don't recall ever being a part of it.

And it occurred to me..... How could Gamelover ever get a bad rap at CigarWise if he never posted there? LMFAO

And it occurred to me..... How could Gamelover ever get a bad rap at CigarWise if he never posted there? LMFAO

Because you're a mean, mean vindictive man Van who picks poor ole Steven for no reason since it is blatantly clear that he never posted there :0 :p :D :sign:

Van55 said:
How could Gamelover ever get a bad rap at CigarWise if he never posted there?
Hmm... If I had to guess, I imagine it involved tequila. Seems like it always does. :p

Or Boneshine :D

Shuji tried that as an excuse.....

Sorry call me a harda$$, I didn't buy it :angry:

Good lord, I go away for a week and now it takes me forever to catch up.

Van, for the record, welcome to CP. If someone comes out here warning us about someone else, I won't necessarily believe them 100% right away (nor did it seem you expected everyone to take your word for Gospel just because you said it), but I will give them the benefit of the doubt too.

As the smoke is settling a bit, I would like to say Thank You for your efforts.

That does it- I'm not prepared to pursue this line of inquiry any longer as I think this is getting too silly.

Quite right, qiite right - too silly. Time to move on to the next sketch.

AVB let me tell you that is one nice B.A.M. there smoking a cigar.

I think I am in love :love:

PuroBrat said:
Kenny> as far as showing the facts that support the PM, I do not actually have time to search for them, as I am leaving town for the weekend.
Don't have time to back up your attack on Van yesterday but you're posting here at 8am this morning? :lookup:

I'll be around next week...... please support your attack or just give us the basis of why you would say these things. Lets get this out in the open PB because the way I see it... someone is lieing.

you should know that Van55 is a troublemaking **** stirrer who will seek out everything he can find to support his theories and never point out things that shoot it down.

I have yet to find ANYONE that agree's with your assessment of Van above. Could you please explain?

Gamelover got a bad rap on Cigarwise and Van was enfluential in spreading that to CA and CW. He tried to do the same basic thing to me, I am surprised he hasn't done that here as well.

Again, just explain how GL got a bad rap and then do tell us the particulars of Van's attack on you. As I said above... no hurry..... we can wait until you get back in town.

PuroBrat,

I have now had a chance to refresh my recollection and I now admit to having some harsh things to say about your conduct on another board well over a year ago. That issue was dropped on that board after only a couple of posts on one day on that board. To your credit, unlike GL, you took full responsibilty for making an error in judgement. Unlike GL, there was never so much as a hint that you had ripped anyone off in any way shape or form.

As far I was concerned the matter was over long ago, and I had totally forgotten about it.

Pax.

Van55

Dang, PB & Van have a past ! !
some old bones being dug up huh?

I NEED POPCORN ! !

PB:

I don't usually get involved too much in this kind of thread, except to make the occasional smart-ass remark, for which I must admit, I have a weakness. :)

I also don't have the time and skill to copy relevant portions of the exchanges between Gibu and you. But, your righteous indignation for Gibu's posting of your PM is unfounded. You made claims on the board that you had nothing against Van55, but at the same time, you PM'ed Gibu with a very personal attack against Van. I think it was Gibu's duty to let the rest of us know what you did not have the honesty (at the time) to say to Van's face, or computer screen.

This kind of two-pronged, surreptitious attack (to his face, he's a great guy - behind his back, he is an a'hole) is the same kind of crap that the Russkies use to use (and still do) on the western world. It isn't appropriate for polite company and it isn't appropriate for this forum, IMHO.

Take care,

Bacchus

PB,
Deffending this particular person "GL" is truly a waste of your time.
Believe me, as I gave him more of a chance than many.

I believe that a guy can learn from mistakes and grow, but in this case your way off the mark.

hbooker

OK, been away for the weekend, let me see if I can clear up what was in my head (like that mess in there will ever look clear to a sain person ??? )

1:
Kenny said:
I'll be around next week...... please support your attack or just give us the basis of why you would say these things. Lets get this out in the open PB because the way I see it... someone is lieing.

I could go back into long gone threads on Cigar Divan, but why? I don't really care to any longer. I had a moment of Indiscretion when I sent that PM to gibu, I was quite likely still harbouring some bad feelings, which were and still are wrong of me. I truly do not think Van55 is a bad guy. I may not care for his methods with regard to bringing stuff from one board onto another, but I am still thinking about possible merits for doing that(this case has, shall we say, Opened my mind to that action). I am a bit slow at times :sign: So no, I will not back my statements, I will instead say my statement was wrong. I hope that will satisfy you Kenny, If not, then I am sorry.

2:
bacchus said:
This kind of two-pronged, surreptitious attack (to his face, he's a great guy - behind his back, he is an a'hole) is the same kind of crap that the Russkies use to use (and still do) on the western world. It isn't appropriate for polite company and it isn't appropriate for this forum, IMHO.

Agreed, that would be wrong. But to be fair, I never said I thought Van was a Great guy. I did back off, after the fact and welcome him to CP. Spacifically I said....
PB said:
I did welcome you, and I am also the one who made the Dogging crack. I'll stand by it, but I won't fight over it

You have your heart in the exact spot it should be in, I don't need to agree with your feelings to see that.

Welcome and thanks for the concerne, that is what this brotherhood is all about, afterall

But this was AFTER my PM to gibu and after I had decided I was wrong and stated as such. Still, the things I said in that PM were said in anger and I feel bad for having said them.

3:
Van55 said:
As far I was concerned the matter was over long ago, and I had totally forgotten about it.

I am glad you had forgotten, I wish I had as well. I have had the whole weekend to think about this and I have to say, I acted harsh and I was wrong. I hope you can forget this mess and give me a 3rd ??? chance. I still have some mixed feeling on your "Dogging" tactics, for lack of a better word, but as I stated before, I like that you are looking out for all cigar brothers, not just the ones on your "Home" board. And I add my thanks to the others you have rightfully been offered. I am sorry I spoke against you and I truly look forward to getting to know you better.

4:
Kenny again said:
Again, just explain how GL got a bad rap and then do tell us the particulars of Van's attack on you. As I said above... no hurry..... we can wait until you get back in town.

I was wrong, I thought he got dogged for a small newbie mistake and some started looking for reasons to hassle him. I have done some re-reading, and some serious thinking (I know, can you believe I have the capacity for that :0 ) and have added that to what amounts to Flat Out lies he told here and I have made up my own mind. He did not get a bad rap. But he did catch a sucker (me) and had me going. I spit the hook and I ain't falling for it anymore.

5:
hbooker said:

Amen brother. I was late to the party, as usual, but I got it now.

6:
cam4me said:
I MUST take exception to the use of the word "attack" in the context of Japan and Afghanistan.

I think an atack is when one person launches an offensive move against another. Whe I spoke of attack in that post, I was not trying to infer that those attacks were bad, they were certainly the right move. In the context of this Cigar Pass situation, I took my use of the word directly from Webster...(To criticize strongly) and I feel it is the correct word. As with the other attacks that I mentioned, well warranted and very usefull. :thumbs: And just so you know, I am NOT a pacifist, I fully back our millitary for the actions they have been required to take.

7:
NA said:
Let's talk about you PB. I don't believe for a second that your motives for ALWAYS siding with the bad guys are purely honorable. I think you like the attention. If anybody is a $hi+s+irrer...

Of course you are welcome to your opinion but I hate to tell you that I, in fact, do NOT like the attention, just never could stand by when I think someone is being wronged. However, you may read on for my proclamation on reform.

8: I am hanging up my Super Hero Cape. I will no longer run to the aid of every poor sap I think is getting a raw deal. I have decided that if a guy is in that much Doo Doo, he likely deserves the Crap Sandwich and I will no longer be dining with these guys. I will, from now on, defer my judgement to the guys who actually DO have the time on boards required to allready KNOW the color of the guys shirt. From now on, if I see a guy getting smacked down, I will watch it, with my mouth shut. If I have PROOF that a brother is innocent of the charges being brought against him, I will send that proof to the leader of the charge in PM and otherwise keep my mouth shut. On this you guys have my word.

I know this post was long winded and I hope you guys will forgive me, I tried not to say more than needed, but there was much clearing up to be done. If you guys are sick of me and don't want to hear anymore of my BS, then you are in luck. I am going to be very bust on the home front for a while and will be spending much much less time here. I love CP, and I enjoy the banter with guys, so I won't dissapear, but you will see much less of me starting about now. Thank you for reading this one.

Again, Van, I am sorry for doubting your honor and for saying those things about you. As I said before, when I said them, I felt that way, but I have changed my mind. I know it doesn't matter to you if I like you or not, but I thought long about it, and I have decided you are an OK guy. I have added you to my list of guys I would like to share a bottle and a few good Cigars with.

hbooker said:
PB,
Believe me, as I gave him more of a chance than many.

I believe that a guy can learn from mistakes and grow, but in this case your way off the mark.

hbooker
ATTN: Hbooker
Subject : ATTN: Hbooker
Posted : 7/23/2004 2:49 PM
Post #73021

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please PM or email me directly regarding our still pending cigar related transaction from 12/03. Here is my email: thefather@bellsouth.net. You confirmed receiving your end in December of last year as referenced on this thread that you created: http://www.cigarutopia.com/cu_forums/threa...d=2222&posts=14

I have yet to receive compensation. And am a bit suspect and unsettled at this time after repeatly sending more than a couple of private messages and emails since our transaction without any direct reply/response from you. I see no other recourse at this time than to try and contact you in this public forum.

Please contact me directly (via PM or email) regarding this matter or send immediate payment at this time.

Thank you
Edward Huerta
"Hbooker" said:
Subject : RE: ATTN: Hbooker
Posted : 7/23/2004 10:01 PM
Post #73130 - In reply to #73021

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks SLeepy Jim for contacting me.

PM sent.

now for the issue at hand....

The Father was gratious enough to do me a favor and right afterwards a lot of "****" happened including a business issue that cost me LOADS, but that being a fact It's no excuse.

I have been working on all of my "items" I have been abscent from CU since I started my regular job.
Anyway many appoligies to my freind Padre.

Im fropping the item in a Red white and blue box tonight. with a few friends.

0103 8555 7493 1066 2511

Now onto the overly protective New CU member who is sorta a meat head in Modesto.

the exact words are

Dont sing it....

Bring it.....

In other words get in your car and get up here.
I would be glad to have you as a guest. Bring a swiming suit.

If you need directions call me...

EDIT

<PM>

Mike.

[Edited by catman_CU on 7/23/2004 10:13 PM]
I hope not all other moderators at the boards behave like you Hbooker :angry:
You don't seem to set a ver good example do you :(

BAGGED :0

GameLover2004, please refrain from using fake screen names you lying loser.

Anyone remember that Saturday Night Live sketch that went something like .......

Buh Bye.

coventrycat86 said:
He'll be in good company with Cohibin & Henry :sign:
Banished to cigar hell, where all you get is a supermarket isle filled with dry-plastic tipped sticks and pouched products! ???

You know what's funny here??? PB got himself in another meltdown and he can't blame it on me this time!! Bwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Okay, I'm going back to retirement........LMAO :sign: