• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clove Cigars?

SyrLinus

Virtualized Security Geek
Someone had asked me if I had tried clove cigars yet. I don't think I have (don't think that Acid cigars are Clove unless it's their Ambrosia line) and they had thought the one they had tried was Kretek (?!). Does anyone know of or has tried a specifically clove cigar? (I always associated "clove tobacco" with cigarettes rather than cigars).

Could they have possibly been referring to "clove" cigarettes. I know of a friend who smokes these nasty black cigarettes that pop as he smokes them because they have gun powder in them as well as some other nasty stuff.

image for those who have not heard of or seen these.

bigdjrmblack.jpg

Yeah, I've only heard of clove cigarettes. I smoke the ocasional black but only when I'm drinking.

Clove cigarettes have been around a long time and have nothing to do with cigars. You don't really think they have gunpowder in them do you? Honestly?

I would smoke clove cigarettes many years ago when I was into surfing and punk rock (Florida - Cocoa and New Smyrna :D ). Never heard of clove cigars though...

I can't even imagine what clove cigars would do to your mouth. I smoked a few clove cigarettes years ago and they shredded my mouth and throat. My lungs weren't too fond of them either.

They were really smooth and tasty, but the aftermath was not fun.

I've never heard of a clove cigar, but I wouldn't go anywhere near it if it's out there.

Kretek is the generic term for clove cigarettes, I believe.

Clove cigarettes have been around a long time and have nothing to do with cigars. You don't really think they have gunpowder in them do you? Honestly?

I never really knew. Comon sense says no they can't possibly do that. But my question is why do they crackle and pop as you smoke them then? Is there something else in them?

I never really knew. Comon sense says no they can't possibly do that. But my question is why do they crackle and pop as you smoke them then? Is there something else in them?

It's the cloves.

Kretek is the generic term for clove cigarettes, I believe.

That's correct. The only reason anyone would call one of these a cigar is because of the legal construct of "little cigars" used by retailers to sell what are essentially cheap cigarettes. At least that's what I think.