• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coffee Question

Well the coffee is good. I'm no expert on it ... so I wanted input. With G's group buy, I guess we'll soon find out.

Fuggin' GARY! :cool:

any chance at all of getting some of these beans not roasted?

tyvm, if you don't mind passing the request up the food chain!

any chance at all of getting some of these beans not roasted?

tyvm, if you don't mind passing the request up the food chain!

Check out hte website....the sell unroasted.

Also - the flavor profile is off compared to the Wallenford(sp).

It's not as nice and smoke, and it lacks depth.
Even my fiancee notcied the difference.
(Then again - she picked cigar #3 to be a cuban!) :(

If I paid $25+ a lb...I'd be VERY VERY disappointed.
There are MUCH better out there for even less than the discounted price.

that's a darn shame. I really appreciate the honest warning. Thank you.

the real stuff has a toasty nutty mildness that's even better than Kona. very LIGHT coffee by my recollection, but i'm a 40 weight coffee drinker.

to date, the best i've bought green and roasted myself... was some african, and second best was guatamalen. both of them great, neither one very expensive.. but not Blue Mountain.

if you roast your own sometime try kona with a fairly dark roast. it's hard to find it roasted past medium, but it stands up to a 2nd crack roast very well. VERY nice coffee as a straight dark roast, medium dark.

the real stuff has a toasty nutty mildness that's even better than Kona. very LIGHT coffee by my recollection, but i'm a 40 weight coffee drinker.

to date, the best i've bought green and roasted myself... was some african, and second best was guatamalen. both of them great, neither one very expensive.. but not Blue Mountain.

if you roast your own sometime try kona with a fairly dark roast. it's hard to find it roasted past medium, but it stands up to a 2nd crack roast very well. VERY nice coffee as a straight dark roast, medium dark.

I'm not sure..BUT..I think the roasting has something to do with how it comes out.

You still may want to get some unroasted and try it.

For cryin' out loud Mitch! This is Gary your listening to! His favorite coffee is Yuban because it rymes with Cuban. Grain of salt my friend... grain of salt. ;)

Thanks G for your insight. I personally think the JBM from GWDC is worth the $13 a pound. Of course that was a sale price, but it was worth it. I also read somewhere on their website that they expected a better batch of JBM beans next order. I think that is why they discounted this batch. Not sure if I want to fork out the $25 to find out. I'm hooked on Mr. Jerry's coffee. I particularly crave the African Assassin. Never let's me down.