• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coganc and whisky storage condition

cognacman

Hi all :) ,
My grandfather give me a cognac and whisky collection. It's about 100 but i dont know how to keep them in good condition. I must transfer it to my house.
Any suggestion, pls help me.

Cognac and whisky (Scotch) or whiskey (everything else) will travel just fine upright. Go to you local liquor store and get a bunch of boxes. If you are shipping, rather then just transporting in the back of your car, then you'll want to bubble-wrap the bottles before boxing. If you have a list of what you have send it on to me and maybe I or someone I know can make a deal with you on some of them.

Thanks for your comments AVB.

Here are my list of Cognac:

Camus collection:
+Camus Borderies
+Camus Extra
+Camus Extraodinaire

Claude Chantier
Courvoisier Collection
+Initiales
+ Erte (#1, #2,#3)

Fourcade

Fussigny

Gaston Larrange

Hennessy Collection
+ Extra
+ Paradise

Hine Antiques

Hors d'age

Jule dupont

Leopold Gourmel

Martelle Extra

Renault

Now, i try to list all of the whisky that i have (about 25)

--------

CAn i let all the bottle lie down in the dark place like my grandfather place?

Can u tell me the environment condition like

temperature?
humid?
light?
... etcs

I will try to build up a right place but i need some advices.

It doesn't hurt to leave them on their side if that is easier for you. Try to keep them out of direct light, with the humidity 40-70% and cool temps.

Thanks for the list but are all those bottles still sealed or are they opened?

They are all still sealed. Some of them are still in the orginal box and had never opened the box yet.

I found them in my grandfather's warehouse in 12 big cartons boxes. My grandfather is too old to handle it. So he gave them to me :)

most of them are sealed with cork, so can I let them in the vertical position? Because i want to show some of them in my cupboard? is it harmful for these bottles?

There isn't anything wrong with storing sealed (original wax or foil and cork) n a vertical position for extended periods of time. I would put them on there side for a month or so every few years if you want to display them for a long time.

I'm not a cognac person but I'm pretty sure those Erte (#1, #2,#3) are pretty collectable items. I'll be able to tell you more about the whisk(e)y.

Back