• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cognac Infused?

If you could make a cigar SMELL like bacon, oh yeah, I'd buy that.

So after handing out, and smoking my first INFUSED series. I started a new batch. Trying a little different flavor approach this time. "slightly" I was at IKEA when I found the PERFECT chamber for such a creation. This Tupperware style container with a grate, and a vented lid. So I purchased it and 2 smaller containers to fill with the INFUSION of choice, place the grate on top and place sticks above the flavoring. So its been about a month already since I started this batch, I think Monday will be the 1st test. The process was about the same, It started with 1 week Coffee Flavored Baileys, a day to air out, 1 more week of Coffee Flavored Baileys, 1 day to air out, then 1 week of straight Vanilla extract, 1 day to air out, 1 more week of straight Vanilla extract, and these pictures were taken 20 min ago tonight they are airing out. Before they finish off the weekend back in the "chamber o' death" This time I got a hydrometer to monitor whats going on, and with a clear lid I could monitor and vent if needed without opening. The process ran around 80 - 85% the whole time, at this point the sticks are very swollen. Hope they don't bust apart to much. Here is a few pictures of whats going on.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10486]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10488]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10489]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10487]

pyro92 said:
If you could make a cigar SMELL like bacon, oh yeah, I'd buy that.

Yankee Candle a few days ago came out with a new scent, its called "mmmm Bacon" I shit you not LOL FYI

A LONG time ago I infused cigars with Cognac.
I got some cedar blocks from Walgreen's and put them in a Tupperware container.
Added the cigars and literally poured the cognac over them. Soaked them.
I don't remember how long I left hem like that - at least a week.
After they had soaked for a while I took the cigars out and put them on a cookie sheet to dry out.
I remember liking the results but it was a long time ago (About 15 years)
I don't remember what cigars I used but I think it was some Walgreen's brand Churchills.

diapanos said:
After they had soaked for a while I took the cigars out and put them on a cookie sheet to dry out.
I don't remember what cigars I used but I think it was some Walgreen's brand Churchills.

Hopefully it wasn't Wallgreens brand cognac, too!

tomthirtysix said:

Hopefully it wasn't Wallgreens brand cognac, too!

I don't remember what it was but it was about $30 a bottle so probably not Walgreen's brand. :)

I remember really liking the results though.

I put a shot glass of whisky in a humidor with some John Bull cigars for about a week... It made them so much better! 

maybe I'll get a cheapo humidor off ebay and try infusing some cigars in a couple of months.
Instead of wiping down the inside of the humidor wit distilled water I'll used cognac.
And instead of placing a shot glass of distilled water in the humidor I'll use a shot glass of cognac.
Maybe use cognac in the humidifier too instead of water?
Might be a good way to jazz up/save some cheap cigars or some that I don't like that much

Or maybe use three different liquors.
Wipe down the inside of the humidor with cognac, leave a shot glass of brandy in the humidor and use rum in the humidifier.