• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Club, Partagas Spanish Rosado, Mayorga

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Smoked the Cohiba (ISOM) on the way to work in the snow. Fun to smoke my first ISOM machine made cigarillo, it wa quite pleasant and pretty complex for a 'rillo.

The Partagas Spanish ROsado I smoked because I was very curious about this cigar. I went to the Shop for a break and it turned out they were having a happy hour thing there with free Cognac! They were also having a Zino Platinum event but I was not about to spend upwards of $20 on one stick! Pretty much everyone was smoking 'em though, suckers!

Anyways I was not impressed with this stick. I mean it wasn't bad, and it had that classic Partagas tang to it (I think some people call it pepperiness but that's not what I call it) but I would take a JR Ultimate Sungrown over it any day. It was robusto size BTW.

I thought I was done but I got home and there was this bomb and my SS pack which included a punch and a torch lighter. Well of course I had to play with my new toys so I smoked a Mayorga stick that was in there. Delicious! My favorite of the day by far! Very easy draw and a mild smoke that stayued lit well. WOrth shivering in the garage for!

Well that's it. Hope you learned something.

JC

They were also having a Zino Platinum event but I was not about to spend upwards of $20 on one stick!

Wow, they have them at like 10-12 bucks a piece at my local shop, they probably made a mistake pricing 'em.

Wow, they have them at like 10-12 bucks a piece at my local shop, they probably made a mistake pricing 'em.

Yeah, huge mistake IN THEIR FAVOR :angry:

Remind me never to go to that shop :p

Are you sure?

I think there are several lines of Zino Platinums. Sceptre is one of them (the lower end one)

I could haev sworn one guy who had a 3-pack of them said something like "YEah well for $75 for three you can't beat the price....but for $115 for three it's only for special occasions" or something like that.

I know this shop has very fair prices, I stand by them.

Are you sure?

Yeah, Im fairly sure. But if thats the price difference there is a slight chance I could be mistaken, thats a very unlikely mistake, but hey you never know... Ill be sure to pay them more attention next time.

the reg. platinum line comes in metal cases of three for $80+

the scepter's come in tins of 12 (or 14?) and are ~$13 ea. (+/- $2)

want to try the big ones, but cannot find them here.

Had my first Cohiba Club this weekend also (thanks Phil :) ). Very nice smoke. I was surprised how strong it was.

Which Mayorga did you have Jonathan? I love the maduros.

I just smoked a Partagas Spanish Rosado San Augustin on Tuesday. It was a great smoke :D .

The burn was even and gave me lots of smoke. The draw started out a little tight but got better. I would say it was a medium cigar and had god flavor. I'm a huge fan of the Partagas Black but I will definitely smoke another Rosado.