• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Puro Dominicana

Anthem

Stay Thankful
I am about 1 inch into the churchill.

The presentation is somewhat nice and the construction is good.

MSRP $20.50

I am too soon into the smoke to really do a review, but I will say it is very much filled with oak. It seems well balanced thus far, and the burn is good and even. The body is medium full.

It is a good smoke, but has not yet made me think it is great. I do think the price is very high when you compare Padron Anni's to that level, or even my favorite DC Maximus.

I will post a full review in a week or so later if no one beats me to it, but I would love to know my brothers thoughts.

Will you be trying it?
What do you expect from it?

Much care,

I have had most of the Dominican Cohibas at one time or another, never a bad cigar, but in no way shape or form worth the money. For $20.00 you can have enormousley better cigars.
JMO

Billy

I don't know why, but I have always strayed away from the red dots. Just can't seem to lay good money down for them for some reason.

Until I see something to persuade me otherwise, I will consider all non-Cuban Cohiba cigars to be garbage that General Cigar just leverages the name "Cohiba" to foist off on an unsuspecting populace.

I don't know why, but I have always strayed away from the red dots. Just can't seem to lay good money down for them for some reason.

Just for clarification.

This is the New Cohiba made all in the D.R.

Cohiba Puros Dominicana. A new line from Red Dot, Black and XV.

As I read further about it, and tasted more of it, I discovered a very strange and almost acrid taste.

At one point I thought to myself, this just tastes like charcoal in my mouth. Also, the smell of the smoke the cigar gave off while sitting in the ash tray was off.

Back to the reading up on it, they actually aged the tobacco in charcol barrels.

Barrel aging is nothing new, but the charcoal taste in this cigar was extremely heavy.

Take it for what you will.

I have never smoked one that didn't taste like a rolled up newspaper. Hot, shallow, papery, acid like taste on the tip of your tongue. Horrible cigars...General should be embarrassed for what they charge for these.

Throw the Cohiba band on the Mac 1968 and that would be a huge improvement....call it a maduro if you like...anything would be better!

I have smoked a small amount of Non cuban Cohiba and was always left with a bad taste!! I don't think I ever had one where there was good construction and enough profile to keep me smoking. But that is just my thoughts, it may be the best cigar in the world to another.

I feel the same way about every brand General sells. I never smoke the non-cuban versions of the classic cuban brands. Of the thousands of cigars they make, there may be a few good ones in there, but it is not worth the hunt, especially while brands like Pepin, Tatuaje, etc deliver a great smoking experience every time.

I guess I'm snobby that way. I should post this over at Snobs. :D

JK

Until I see something to persuade me otherwise, I will consider all non-Cuban Cohiba cigars to be garbage that General Cigar just leverages the name "Cohiba" to foist off on an unsuspecting populace.