• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Reserve Selection Corona Especial

dulaney22

Banned
Friday morning was nice, so I decided to fire up one of these reserve selection smokes. I didn't have long, so I picked the corona especial. It sported a light brown wrapper, had minimal veins and was fairly dry. There really wasn't much by way of pre-light aroma.

Light peppery spice and rich coffee were the flavors that first accompanied this nice drawing cigar. This quickly turned to an earthy, almost musky, taste with a backdrop of cream. There really wasn't much progression in flavor for the first half. The spices turned a little sweeter, but, overall, mostly tones of earth and leather. The second half brought about richer flavors and a fuller body. The spice turned cinnamon and nut flavors joined with cream to offer a nice, relaxing smoke. The final inch was just rich tobacco flavor.

I enjoyed this cigar. I wouldn't run out to buy more, but it was a smooth, enjoyable smoke.

Slide1-3.jpg

These have been good but not great for the most part. I can't help thinking how great they might be with a few more years on them. Thanks for the review.

These have been good but not great for the most part. I can't help thinking how great they might be with a few more years on them. Thanks for the review.

What he said! :rolleyes:

Although I still think they'll be 'consistent' throughout their life.

These have been good but not great for the most part.

Wholeheartedly agree. Glad you enjoyed it but I've been underwhelmed by every one of these I've had the chance to smoke. Certainly not worth the money they're going for IMO.

Back