• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo IV (TUBOS) - 46 x 5.6"

Spanishcedar

Premium Grade Lumber Stock
Easter sunday and everything done, I get it all done during the week so I don't work on Sundays...

SO I went to the box and decided that a Siglo IV tubos would be good. I haven't tried any of the siglo line yet and this was my first.

I opened up the tube and nothing but rich tobacco poured out into my nose. Lit up the cedar wrap that came with the tube and gently rolled the foot and caressed the edge of the flame. I got distracted watching some Chilins on an easter egg hunt next door and stayed on one side a little too long... oops.

First few heavy draws in, it was just great tobacco flavor coupled with a little spice on the nose. The draws were ever so slightly constricted but plenty of smoke to keep me and the stick glowing. The uneven light started to correct itself on it's own, as if it were saying "I will be your perfect cigar, no matter how hard you try to fubar this up".

Into the second third, boy did everything open up. This became an immaculate smoke with plenty of draw and flavors flavors flavors. The somewhat, oily wrapper was adding some buttery hints to the mix. Just a mellow touch of spice still and a really nice rich coffee undertone, you know when you take the last sip of your cup and you've got some grounds left on the bottom?... I love it.

The last third it was time to go now to visit family so I had to hop in the car and ride a little, no matter. I started to get some hints of some sort of vanilla or cocoa... something sweet. Loaded up my dog and we all rode happy as clams. While on the road, I puffed to my hearts content on this cigar and it never got too hot.

For the rest of the day I had a most wonderful buttery popcorn aftertaste that I have only ever experienced with one other cigar... an RP "Vintage" 1990 Robusto. I don't know what the deal with that is.

I'd really like to get a box of these because I cannot imagine what this will be like in a couple of years.. and I think that I will do just that in the very near future.

For the rest of the day I had a most wonderful buttery popcorn aftertaste that I have only ever experienced with one other cigar... an RP "Vintage" 1990 Robusto. I don't know what the deal with that is.

I'd really like to get a box of these because I cannot imagine what this will be like in a couple of years.. and I think that I will do just that in the very near future.

Nice review. I have never had a buttery popcorn aftertaste; my palate isn't that refined yet

Nice review. I have never had a buttery popcorn aftertaste; my palate isn't that refined yet

Thanks, I wouldn't say that mine is very refined either. That's the only way I can describe it though. It figure if you can smoke a cigar and it gives you a good taste in your mouth for the rest of the day and still lingers into the next day, it was a great cigar.

I know we are talking about a IV here...but I smoked a VI and I also tasted the damn butter popcorn taste. My head didn't get it at first but when I finally figured it out..it was damn buttered popcorn. Never before and never since.

You both need to see Doc about this buttered popcorn taste. He gets in at 9, please have a seat.

Thanks for the interesting review! I seem to remember this being someone's "Cigar of the Year".

But the buttered popcorn after-taste could be indicative of mental imbalance. :)

Which is a good thing, of course. lol

You both need to see Doc about this buttered popcorn taste. He gets in at 9, please have a seat.

Thanks for the interesting review! I seem to remember this being someone's "Cigar of the Year".

But the buttered popcorn after-taste could be indicative of mental imbalance. :)

I think I've heard of this Doctor and illness you speak of...

www.CigarsMag.com said:
Addiction to Cigars
A man went to his doctor seeking help for his terrible addiction to cigars. The doctor was quite familiar with his very compulsive patient, so recommended an unusual and quite drastic form of aversion therapy. "When you go to bed tonight, take one of your cigars, unwrap it, and stick it completely up your asshole. Then remove it, rewrap it, and place it back with all the others in such a fashion as you can't tell which one it is. The aversion is obvious: you won't dare smoke any of them, not knowing which is the treated cigar." "Thanks doc, I'll try it." And he did. But three weeks later he came back and saw the doctor again. "What? My recommendation didn't work? It was supposed to be effective even in the most addictive of cases, such as yours is!" "Well, it kind of worked, doc. At least I was able to transfer my addiction," said the patient. "What in the hell is that supposed to mean?" "Well, I don't smoke cigars anymore, but now I can't go to sleep at night unless I have a cigar shoved up my ass..." -Cigar Magazine

Despite the diagnosis and in light of this ^ prescribed treatment, I think I'll keep my seratonin levels uneven and with self-treatment, just stick to smoking the cigars... :laugh: (yeah I know, what a horribly weird and terrible joke)

Thanks, Glad you enjoyed the review!

Hey there,

What a great review, and, well, errr... Popcorn? Cigars up asses? Kinda takes away from the flavor of it all, no?!??! He he... j/k...

Yes, this is certainly a tremendous cigar. Of the Siglo bunch, this is certainly the one who's flavor profile appeals the most to me. More real, tobacco flavor, rather than the subtle, almost sweet feel of the Sig VI. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the VI, but I feel these days that I'm kind of outgrowing it.

Who am I kidding though... Probably come running back to the ones in my humi soon... :)

Once again, great review. LOVE the joke!

-Fauzi

I think I've heard of this Doctor and illness you speak of...

www.CigarsMag.com said:
Addiction to Cigars
A man went to his doctor seeking help for his terrible addiction to cigars. The doctor was quite familiar with his very compulsive patient, so recommended an unusual and quite drastic form of aversion therapy. "When you go to bed tonight, take one of your cigars, unwrap it, and stick it completely up your asshole. Then remove it, rewrap it, and place it back with all the others in such a fashion as you can't tell which one it is. The aversion is obvious: you won't dare smoke any of them, not knowing which is the treated cigar." "Thanks doc, I'll try it." And he did. But three weeks later he came back and saw the doctor again. "What? My recommendation didn't work? It was supposed to be effective even in the most addictive of cases, such as yours is!" "Well, it kind of worked, doc. At least I was able to transfer my addiction," said the patient. "What in the hell is that supposed to mean?" "Well, I don't smoke cigars anymore, but now I can't go to sleep at night unless I have a cigar shoved up my ass..." -Cigar Magazine

Despite the diagnosis and in light of this ^ prescribed treatment, I think I'll keep my seratonin levels uneven and with self-treatment, just stick to smoking the cigars... :laugh: (yeah I know, what a horribly weird and terrible joke)

Thanks, Glad you enjoyed the review!
One warning I HOPE is not necessary:

Do not try this cure at home, it could kill you! Seriously, the dose of nicotine absorbed could be lethal. :D

One warning I HOPE is not necessary:

Do not try this cure at home, it could kill you! Seriously, the dose of nicotine absorbed could be lethal. :D

Who knows how many lives you've saved today?!?!

Cheers to good deeds :cool: