• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo VI

nfulton

Last night I sat down to my first Cohiba Siglo VI.

Un-F&#'n-believable.

It was a beautiful cigar to behold. Dark, rich, oily, and practically vien free. The prelight draw was spongey and flawless. The aroma was biting but pleasent. I expected a very peppery spicy cigar, but from the moment I took my first draw it was creamy, with hints of cedar and faint spice. Then it took a turn for the better. Coffee, pepper, and even more creamyness (if that's a word). Then without warning it went to espresso, chocolate, and cedar. And this was all in the first inch and a half. Every draw was different and better than the one before. By the time I reached the halfway point there were so many flavors I couldn't distinguish them. It started mild and built towards heavy, but never really broke the medium/full border. There was more than ample smoke and a PERFECT burn. The nicotine slowly built and i was a bit light-headed by the end but didn't take away from the experience.

This is certainly in my top three along with the FFOX Double Corona and H. Upmann Mag. 46.

You don't need a special occasion for this cigar...It is a special occasion in and of itself.

one of my faves...can't understand when people say these are over-rated? But then again, the higher price tends to raise expectations.

I think you get what you pay for(as a matter of speaking). And I would pay for this cigar again and again. But, that is just my humble opinion.

Congrats bro. I have read nothing but phenominal reviews about these. Gonna work my way up to one before long. Another unforgettable smoke.

It's the best cigar I've ever had. I can't afford to smoke them too often though.

I have to agree with the great review. The Siglo VI was the one cigar I didn't get to on my birthday and I lit it up the next day. Absolutely wonderful! I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I did smoke it the day before.

Put me down as one of those who hasn't had that type of experience with the VI.

I have a number of them sleeping now from 04. I've had a couple from this batch, as well as another whose age was unknown. These were not bad smokes, just nothing I could get really excited over. Hoping that at some point down the road that will change.

I did have a CoRo a couple of weeks ago that rocked my boat. This was a really great, complex cigar.

Great review left me salivating & craving for a Sig VI myself. I have yet to try one out, but waiting for the right time.

Can't wait for that experience to arrive. :thumbs:

Nice review... what was the vintage? I'm asking becuase I have some coming that are quite young and I hope to smoke one right out of the box while aging the others.

Robert

I've had this cigar for just over a year, beyond that I don't know, but I doubt it was much older than that. I just couldn't help myself.

n

Great Review!!!

This is one of my favorite smokes along with the Siglo II and the Siglo IV.

fantastic review! sounds like an incredible smoke. maybe someday i'll cross paths with one!

thanks...

I've heard many great things about this cigar but haven't had one yet. Luckily, I've got a box on the way.

Following the OP review of this cigar, of which I have a box, I decided to have one and I agreecolpletely with the sentiments of the original poster.

Here is my review of the same cigar:

Cohiba Siglo VI

Wonderful magical smoke. The manifestation of the best in Cubans. Mild to medium, complex but oh! so well balanced.

Obviously well constructed by master craftsmen from the vey best ingredients available in Cuba. In part, my love of habanos is due to the fact that they are truly one of the most crafty product available to consumers. They are more individuated than a bottle of fine wine, which to me is the next product that shows the intensity of benefits of human intervention vs mechanisation. I mean the number of hands (and expert hands at that) that go into the final product is prodigious. From the farmer to the picker, graders a various stages, storeman, roller, quality control etc.. and I miss some. And I cannot help to think that all of those people, when it comes to true legendary habanos, try to excel in their respective skills based on a long history. The incremental addition of a proud human labour at so many stages is rerflected in the final product and my appreciation of it.

This is a magical cigar. It has an easy draw, a realy complex taste, well balanced, and a rich and creamy smoke. The ashes are wonderful and firm, This cigar in my opinion manifests all the characteristics that make a cuban cigar legendary amongst all others, I cannot put into others words, Tthis cigar is a stunner of a mild cigar. Heavy smoke hanging around my beard.. I know the flavours/aromas will still be there tomorrow. This cigar shows consistency all the way, takes no time to get going and it doesn't get overbearing as you smoke it, diligently keeping its balance and flavoursomeness.

This is the highest rating I have ever given a cigar. The only reason the score is not 100, is that I expect this cigar to get even better with age. It has, for me, definitely set a new judging standard.

Appearance & Construction (15) 15
Flavour (25)24
Smoking Characteristics (25) 24
Overall Impression (35)34
Total (100) 97

MidGe said:
Here is my review of the same cigar:

Cohiba Siglo VI

Wonderful magical smoke. The manifestation of the best in Cubans. Mild to medium, complex but oh! so well balanced.

Obviously well constructed by master craftsmen from the vey best ingredients available in Cuba. In part, my love of habanos is due to the fact that they are truly one of the most crafty product available to consumers. They are more individuated than a bottle of fine wine, which to me is the next product that shows the intensity of benefits of human intervention vs mechanisation. I mean the number of hands (and expert hands at that) that go into the final product is prodigious. From the farmer to the picker, graders a various stages, storeman, roller, quality control etc.. and I miss some. And I cannot help to think that all of those people, when it comes to true legendary habanos, try to excel in their respective skills based on a long history. The incremental addition of a proud human labour at so many stages is rerflected in the final product and my appreciation of it.

This is a magical cigar. It has an easy draw, a realy complex taste, well balanced, and a rich and creamy smoke. The ashes are wonderful and firm, This cigar in my opinion manifests all the characteristics that make a cuban cigar legendary amongst all others, I cannot put into others words, Tthis cigar is a stunner of a mild cigar. Heavy smoke hanging around my beard.. I know the flavours/aromas will still be there tomorrow. This cigar shows consistency all the way, takes no time to get going and it doesn't get overbearing as you smoke it, diligently keeping its balance and flavoursomeness.

This is the highest rating I have ever given a cigar. The only reason the score is not 100, is that I expect this cigar to get even better with age. It has, for me, definitely set a new judging standard.

Appearance & Construction (15) 15
Flavour (25)24
Smoking Characteristics (25) 24
Overall Impression (35)34
Total (100) 97
[snapback]284921[/snapback]​

What a delightful review Michel. I love to hear the thoughts and stories behind smoking experiences. :thumbs:

Wilkey