• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo VI

investandprosper

This fantastic cigar was gifted by Jeffrey (RyJ) after I posted a thread trying to purchase some sticks on my wish list. The generosity of the brothers here continues to amaze me. I settled down into my makeshift man cave with the last of my Macallan 18 year (been saving the last dram for a special occasion), and this cigar. The aroma at cold is honey, lemongrass, and beautifully aged tobacco. The construction is flawless. I normally punch my cigars, but I decided to give my Xikar Xi3 some use and clipped this cap. The draw is perfect!

sigVI1.jpg

It opened with sweet cream, with the classic Cohiba barnyard and grassiness, with a medium body. This cigar is the essence of smooth. The Macallan compliments the cigar perfectly. If only every night were like this :thumbs:

Into the first third, I'm getting some burnt toffee and hints of honey. I'm having trouble grasping the flavors in this cigar, it's pure bliss and my mind is telling me to just sit back and enjoy the experience. I have to fight it! I'm getting that mustiness of fine aged tobacco as I breath in through my nose while taking a draw. What a stellar cigar!

sigVI2.jpg

Into the second third, I'm getting notes of fresh baked bread and a bit of spice, offset by smooth caramel. What complexity! The freshly baked bread hits the palate first, with the spice on the back of my throat, with a creamy caramel finish. Wow, so, so good.

sigVI3.jpg

Into the final third and the finish, the cigar opens up with waves of chocolate, more baked bread, and that nice mustiness is back. The chocolate is the prominent flavor and is absolutely delicious. Lovely cigar, the perfect finish to this exquisite experience. Thank you Jeffrey for the opportunity to smoke this fine Siglo VI, my first, and I daresay the best one I'll ever have.

sigVI4.jpg

Stellar review, John! :thumbs:

I've had exactly one '06 Sig VI and it was tasty as hell. I find these really need a few years to come into their own as the more recent product sticks I've had are nowhere near as good.

Thanks for the review!

Do you have another one so you can just kick back and enjoy it?

Thanks gents, it was an experience for the books. It was a pleasure putting this one in my Cigar Dossier.

Vortex - no, but I will be getting a box some time down the road when income is more steady (and when I have room!). Definitely a box I'd want to put down for birthdays or special occasions.

I am SOOOO glad that you enjoyed that as much as you did, brother. That, to me, makes it ALL worth it! I wish I had more, as that was my last one. If I come across another May 06 box, I'll let you know in the event you'd like to split it.

Your friend and brother,

Jeffrey L.

Great review man, thanks.
Nice ashtray to complement the stogie ;)

Excellent review of a great cigar, and absolutely one of my favorite scotches.

Great review! That sounds like a delicious smoke. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a couple of these sometime down the road!