• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba vs. Trinidad

This is coming from a guy who's favorite Robusto is the CoRo, so take it for what it's worth, but I think the Trinidad Robusto T is a fantastic cigar. I've smoked quite a few of them, and being one who has smoked the entire Trinidad marca, I can say that it is my favorite Trinidad cigar. They smoke great young as well which is always a big plus. If you haven't tried it, I would definitely suggest that you do. Now...I can't say the same for the latest Trini EL. I smoked some Trindad Robusto T Shorts a month or so back, and they were horrible, doubly so if you factor in the cost for such a diminutive cigar.

This is coming from a guy who's favorite Robusto is the CoRo, so take it for what it's worth, but I think the Trinidad Robusto T is a fantastic cigar. I've smoked quite a few of them, and being one who has smoked the entire Trinidad marca, I can say that it is my favorite Trinidad cigar. They smoke great young as well which is always a big plus. If you haven't tried it, I would definitely suggest that you do. Now...I can't say the same for the latest Trini EL. I smoked some Trindad Robusto T Shorts a month or so back, and they were horrible, doubly so if you factor in the cost for such a diminutive cigar.

Thanks for the response! The fact that your a CoRo lover only adds to your opinion. Without any feedback I was considering just grabbing 12...but I'm more inclined to go with a box now, being that it was my original thought.

They did a review of the Trini Short Robusto EL on another forum, and it was a big thumbs down. I haven't heard one good thing about them. The Reyes are fantastic, though, and I would imagine the Robusto Ts are even better. If you're unsure, it wouldn't hurt to start with 12 and stock up if you like them.

Thanks for the response! The fact that your a CoRo lover only adds to your opinion. Without any feedback I was considering just grabbing 12...but I'm more inclined to go with a box now, being that it was my original thought.

I think you've made a good decision. Hey...if you end up not liking them, you know who to off load them to now...hahaha.

I think you've made a good decision. Hey...if you end up not liking them, you know who to off load them to now...hahaha.

I'll let you know what I think... :)

Robos.jpg

I've had a few of the PL Robustos and they are awesome IMHO. The CORO's were Fabulous as well, I've heard taht most poeple state Trinis are not worth the price point, the CoRo's are much better, I really really enjoyed the CORO's I'v had and teh PL Robustos were awesome as well.

Happy smokes all,

C

I've had a few of the PL Robustos and they are awesome IMHO. The CORO's were Fabulous as well, I've heard taht most poeple state Trinis are not worth the price point, the CoRo's are much better, I really really enjoyed the CORO's I'v had and teh PL Robustos were awesome as well.

Happy smokes all,

C
I'm still feeling my way through the smoke on this. As far as which I prefer ROTT...I'm gonna say the Trini T takes it without question. The CoRo singles I have are 09 as are the Trini's...so I don't know that I can really say ROTT. But as they're smoking right now...I think the Robo T's are a much more enjoyable stick. The two cigars are just on opposite ends of the spectrum. It's really not even fair to compare them to each other. All of this is coming from a stand point where price isn't being considered. For me...once the initial purchase is made, I don't think of each cigar as a $7, $10, $15 or more stick. But, with a $12-$14 price tag per stick on the Trini's...I can understand why alot of people might shy away from them. Personally...I was intrigued by what I had read about the Robo T's...and I'm very happy to have them on hand to smoke when I want to now. I'm looking forward to seeing how these do with some time on them. I'll have more to contribute after smoking a few more of each of the two robusto's. To date...I've only smoked 2 Coro and 3 T's.

As far as the PL Robo's...they weren't part of this thread...I just happened to get them at the same time the Trini's arrived. Yes...they are very good! :thumbs: